Fooled Again!!

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Made it back to the beach at low tide yesterday, 2:30 pm, beach had changed a lot through the 24 hours, lot of fluff sand an piles of baseball size rock, it didn't look that promising. Targets were far and few between, picked up a few hotwheels, one looks very old, also found a $1 coin a few quarters. It was hot so I decided to head back to the house and watch football just then I got a faint target which means deep target in wet sand, dug three Scopes down (15") before I lost the signal and still nothing took two more scoops, down at least 24" and out popped this ring with glistening stones, of course I thought I had hit the jackpot! Took it home quickly realised it was silver, still had hopes the stones were diamonds, put the diamond checker on it light stayed red not green :(. Still a very nice ring and looks very real.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 480
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 477
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 483
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Yep, that's a real heart stopper. Good for you chasing it down all that way. I hate to think about how many good finds I've given up on after the third or fourth deep scoop. You've inspired me to not give up so early.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is good, and it most likely is that birthstone that looks like a diamond.. It looks old, older than CZ was around, so the birthstone theory is my guess... Good job, 24"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread