Football field heaven

Hitman

Dec 29, 2004
I have been hunting for over 20 years off and on and never really thought about what was here in my town, only those real treasures that were buried by pirates so forth. Reading this forum has broadend my ability to search areas that have not been searched yet that I know of. I found a school two miles from my house that by doing a little research at the library found out that it had been built in 1902. They have since made many improvements but the school grounds remain the same. I was visiting the maintenance supervisor and showing him how I could dig and replace the ground in nearly perfect condition to gain his trust when my detector(BH) went crazy, in the spot we were standing in I found two Indian head nickels,4 wheat pennies and a barber dime. The man told me that where we were is where the teachers had taken their smoke breaks for the last 100 years. I will be getting written approval from the principal of the school next week, when I get all this together I will post pictures.

Thanks to all those who inspired me to pick up my detector again and go for it!!!!
I am once hooked again and this time it is for good, this forum is the best thing I have found to help out the average hunter, just dont give up!!!!!

OP
OP
H

Hitman

Dec 29, 2004
Have not been able to get permission, the Principal of the school says there has been others that have done this in the past and left holes,thats a shame. But hopeing to gain his confidence in helping in a school charity event donating some of my talents. IF the barder works will let you know. School is the oldest school in this county, built in 1878 burned down and rebuilt in 1902 and is still used today as a vocational school for the impaired.

Hitman

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Re: Football field heaven - here's your in

Hitman, Why don't you offer to check all the kids candy on halloween for razor blades and metal objects? That is a service to the school and gets you on their good side. Can also offer to do free lost key searches and lost jewelry searches. That gets them used to you being around and makes you one of them. Will take awhile but right now you have nothing going for you. exanimo, ss

OP
OP
H

Hitman

Dec 29, 2004
Thanks I will give that a try, I am a retired tennis pro and I offer schools and colleges starter group lessons for free, so I think I will donate my time and see what happens

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
Hey Hitman, All I do is hunt local, I get lots of old coins. I do not spend hours on travel to hunt. Only time for that is visiting family and the club hunts. Staying local you end up swing the coil more.

OP
OP
H

Hitman

Dec 29, 2004
Where I live it is hard to find OLD places for OLD coins. Mostly New construction going on everyday. Where do you hunt to find these older coins, dont say the beach just had a bad experience and wont go back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread