Football Field Hunt #1 Brings In Some Silver

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I managed to get out this morning to search a private football field I was given permission to hunt. I'd hunt for awhile, then it would rain for awhile, I'd hunt for awhile, And it would rain again. This went on all morning. I had to pass up some targets because this is the best kept field around, and they don't want any digging in it. It is that real thick grass like on golf courses, even to wedge something out is difficult. So, a lot of the targets that I normally would have dug, I had to pass by. I don't mind, I know there will be some good finds because this field is used by people with LOTS of money. A field for the elite you might say. I did manage to come away with some clad, part of an old pin, an old button, and a nice Mexican .950 silver pendent with some sort of stone in it. It was nice just to get back out with all this rain we've been having. It was even better to be working the fields again.

Attachments

• school2.JPG
    school2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 655
  • 1st Hunt 1.JPG
    1st Hunt 1.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 658
  • 1st Hunt 2.JPG
    1st Hunt 2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 662
  • school 950.JPG
    school 950.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Lovely pendant and cool button!

Could you send some of that rain to NC please? :D

Congrats!

Ridley

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver piggman, good that you got out again..hopefully the next hurricane will track north and stay out of your way.

Good luck on your next outing..sounds like a great place to hunt..the last football field I searched gave up 2 rings, and it was at a public school.

Nat

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet find's Piggman.....I love that aerial layout....Good Luck!!

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Dave, you finally got away from a soccer field. You are still welcome to come up here and hunt with club NY, I think the hat will have to go.
Nice finds
CC

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Crocop said:
Dave, you finally got away from a soccer field. You are still welcome to come up here and hunt with club NY, I think the hat will have to go.
Nice finds
CC
You know you're asking a lot there. Y'all may just have to suffer through it.

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
Awesome finds there !
I wonder if there is any time of the year you could dig on
the field without raising any eyebrows ?

HH and keep it up :)

PS ....the hat is cool ;)

Doozis

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Once again a nice haul ! Keep up the good work.I;m goin' out to try the local school grounds tonite and see what pops up.God Bless and HH..Panz

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Good finds there, Piggman. That's a beautiful silver pendant you got there.
Bob

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
05kas05 said:
hey piggman nice finds as always yougot to love the sports fields.oh speaking of which hows the hunt on the sport nuts going,any hits of the craigslist ad yet

I have literally had a flood of guesses, and some very helpfull info. I refered most over to the post on here so they would get some idea of what has already been done.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
WTG! I love following your hunts! I wish I could do the same thing for "Lee's Place" but that isn't going to happen LOL. It would be nighthawked by trespassers overnight LOL.

I will keep watching the progress!

Stormy

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Stormtrooper154 said:
WTG! I love following your hunts! I wish I could do the same thing for "Lee's Place" but that isn't going to happen LOL. It would be nighthawked by trespassers overnight LOL.

I will keep watching the progress!

Stormy
Yea, I've had that done twice now, it has to be someone around here who is familiar with the area. I'll run into them one of these days.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Piggy, nice finds as usual. It ain't a ring but it IS SILVER! We are finally getting some rain here in Michigan, its supposed to rain all next week...I may actually get a chance to hit some sports fields which to date have been too hard to dig in without the dirt crumbling & the plug falling all apart. I know you love to post your overhead pictures but if someone is creeping in on your fields maybe you should save the pics until you've finished the field...you could still post your finds. Good luck buddy.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
It's really not that big a deal with me. I would like to see who is doing it, and then maybe I would have a hunting partner instead of a competitor. It's allways more fun with two. Too bad they won't post on here, or get in contact, instead of just trying to jump the areas I am doing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread