For $15.25 I think I had a really good day!!! (No Pics...Yet)

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Hello all. I don't post my picks on here too often, because they seldom measure up to the great stuff you guys find and no matter how hard I try I just can not for the life of me get a pic to upload to this site. I have actually emailed my pics to Dan and I think once Diggumup and they loaded them for me, so if someone wants to help out, send me an email addy and I will send pics to you. Ok, enough of that, here goes with what I got. My first buy wasn't anything special, it is a 2005 Harley Davidson owner's manual. I have good luck selling these on eBay. It was only a quarter. My next purchase was a vintage Dan Wesson grip for a Model 14 or 15 revolver. It was a dollar and I should get $25 or more on eBay. My third purchase of the day was a Jose Ojeda hunting knife. I didn't recognize the name at the time, but I told my wife when I picked it up, "This is either a big deal or absolutely nothing." I am not a knife collector or expert. Once back in the truck my heart pounded as I looked the knife up on my phone and found similar knives with asking prices from $400 to $800. The knives are handmade and I guess no two exactly alike. If someone has more info on the knife, especially if and once pics are posted to get your take on value, I would appreciate it. Even the sheath of the knife is heavy and impressive. It is beautifully tanned and a work of art in and of itself. Oh, I bought it and a couple of local author books for my Father in Law for $5. Next I was able to buy a like new in the box Seiko quartz digital watch model A904-5049, from 1985-ish, from the info I found on the web. The outer cardboard box shows it's age and there is a faint cigarette smell, but the inner plastic display is fine and the watch looks to have never been worn and has it's original band still. There is no paperwork, but there are extra links. The brushing on the stainless steel is perfect, I believe it to be NOS, never worn. Similar models, still in the box did sell on eBay for $149.99, but am wondering what you folks thought of value from my description. My fifth purchase of the day was a 14K gold pendant, still on its cardboard backing in the jewelry box it came in for $2. It weighs 1.7 grams and melts out to more than $40. My 6th and last purchase of the day was a Parker fountain pen, new in the box with refill. I am in no way a pen expert, but again this item looks to have never been used. From looking on eBay, I believe it is a Parker 45 model. It is black and silver with the arrow being gold toned. I am not sure if the nib is gold, plated or otherwise. I do not know how to take the pen down that far to see if it is marked, like others I see on eBay. The Parker was $2 also. So, for a grand total of $15.25, I got a couple of items I know sell on eBay that will net me more than I spent all day, the what I believe is really valuable Ojeda hunting knife and a couple of what look to be new in the box vintage collectibles. I know it is tough without pics, but if anyone can add info, value and what to ask for the knife, the watch and the pen, I would appreciate it. I apologize again for the lack of pics.

T.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you did a heck of a lot better than I did this weekend, Id love to see that knife.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't take the pen down. If it's a 45, collectors could pay up to $50, perhaps more, depending on condition and color. Wish I could see a pic!

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Don't take the pen down. If it's a 45, collectors could pay up to $50, perhaps more, depending on condition and color. Wish I could see a pic!

If you could be so kind as to send me a PM with either your personal email address or cell # I will send you pics of the pen. I am sorry, but it is the only way I know to get pics posted to this site.

T.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, here are the pics:

Attachments

• 20170527_223224_resized.jpg
    20170527_223224_resized.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 20170527_204657.jpg
    20170527_204657.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 20170527_204724.jpg
    20170527_204724.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 20170527_223310_resized.jpg
    20170527_223310_resized.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 20170527_223422_resized.jpg
    20170527_223422_resized.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 103

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, your yard sales are definitely better than mine. Nice pieces there!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Thunderstruck

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
A little update....a rainy day off yesterday, so I listed 4 things on eBay. The Parker sold for $60 in just a few hours. I am very happy! I would not have figured out what I had without Butter Hat's help. Big thank you for the "assist" to him. As always, the tnet family proves itself to be invaluable, helpful, and awesome. Thank you again, BH!

T.

Last edited:

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little update....a rainy day off yesterday, so I listed 4 things on eBay. The Parker sold for $60 in just a few hours. I am very happy! I would not have figured out what I had without Butter Hat's help. Big thank you for the "assist" to him. As always, the tnet family proves itself to be invaluable, helpful, and awesome. Thank you again, BH!

T.

I am SO happy the Parker sold just like that! It was fun doing the research; I'm the one who should thank you. :)

pjdentry

Mar 6, 2017
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff! I think it's important to show smaller things too, not just the big wins.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I need to pay attention more and you need to figure out how to post pics on here. Heck I just copy and paste some of mine. That knife is a beauty and a keeper.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds all up my alley. The knife is awesome! Keep us posted. The Seiko Quartz might do well also. Collectors pay a premium for watches in that condition.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
JimDon, what do you think the watch should bring? It is on eBay. I originally listed it for $124.99, because a similar one in the box sold for $149.99, but after 30 views and not so much as a watcher in 12 hours, I dropped the price to $98.99. Maybe I am still too high, as the box is not perfect, there is no plastic stand inside the plastic box and there are scuff marks on the band? Where would you price it, I know you know your watches better than I do. I appreciate everyone's comments. The knife may in fact be a keeper, but I am wondering, does anyone have an opinion on value? These seem to be very expensive knives, from what I can gather. Thank you again for all your input!

T.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
A further update: The Dan Wesson grip sold for $25.99, plus $3 shipping. I cleared about $21 on that $1 investment and I got $34 for the pendant right here locally. I had only $2 in that, so I am again happy. So, for a total of $5 invested in those 3 things, I received about $105. I still have the watch. Speaking of watches, I bought myself a watch, picked up a Longines President Coolidge Model, from 1951, the jeweler said, going by the serial number. The face is not perfect, but it is 14K gold and I bought it for just over spot. And the jeweler threw in a new leather band and is cleaning it and overhauling it. I pick it up next week. It looks like this one with a dirty face. I am not sure how much if any the jeweler can or will remove.

Rare1952 President-Coolidge II Longines watch 14-karat gold | eBay

I thought you watch guys might like to see. It isn't a yard sale buy though.

T.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
20170607_124950.jpg

Hey, I got it to load off my cell phone!!! This is the watch I pick up next week. Weighs 7.8 penny wt. Paid $325 with a new leather band, and serviced. What do you all think?

T.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions