For all you constant posting "armchair" prospectors giving advise...

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry but I had to draw you in with an aggressive title :)

After reading hundreds of threads, asking many questions, giving a little advise when I can I realized that so far Tnet has been invaluable.
I have been on a few forums in my day about various subjects. Over that time I've found half of the people don't Know what they are talking about, a few just want to seem witty and insult others, a few trouble makers and not a lot of actual real good advise.
I am delighted to say that I've learned a lot here and the people here are among the best I've run into. In the short time I had on Tnet I've literally increased my take exponentially simply by actually taking the advise I've read through various posts here.
I've never seen a forum with people more willing to help and offer honest advice wether it's what someone wants to hear or not.
Hopefully I don't forget anyone but thank you
Hoser, Russau, Jason in Enid, goody guy, omnicron, oakview2, Kevin in Co, Azviper, 63bkpkr, Doc from GH, grizzly gremlin, Fullpan, and anyone that I may have omitted. It's hard to remember everyone but if you frequently give advise but aren't mentioned I apologize and please know Your tips and willingness to share really makes this place awesome and addictive.
People randomly say thank you in their posts but its important to thank you guys properly.
You guys rock

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy to have helped, and I learn something every day on this forum...

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a man does not share his knowledge with others it dies with him!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Honored to be on your list...and I share your feelings about this group!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I arrived here and stayed it was because others took the time to help a total novice. I cheated a little as I added pictures and WE LOVE pictures on Tnet!! Or, I'm just passing on what was given to me. But "thanks" to all of us is cool!!..........................63bkpkr

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad I read the post first...

...otherwise I'd have been chewing on someone pretty hard!

I have to agree that there are a lot of great people on T-Net and from what I've seen the majority of them are ALWAYS ready to help out if they can. Yes it's true that we do have some "Armchair Prospectors" on the forum, BUT these are people that have been sidelined by injuries, illness of some sort, or just an accumulation of years. Just because they're no longer able (for whatever reason) to get out in the field anymore is not their fault. They do however have the knowledge that they built up over the years and are willing to share it with anyone that seeks to learn our ways.

At 55 years old I feel that (Lord willing) I still have many years left out in the field tracking down our favorite metal(s). If along the way I am able to help some of those that are just starting their search to learn a trick or two, or to offer up an idea that is helpful, then I feel that I'll have done my part to pay back (in some small way) those that helped me to get started in this way of life.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great title! I am lingering here for the same reasons. After Asking on here while working on my build I was able to get my setup done right and All of those you listed and more, including yourself were a BIG help in my prospecting. I am Sitting at just under an Ounce (27g + a nice nugget) in my very first season of prospecting! I want to thank all of you too.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry but I had to draw you in with an aggressive title :)

After reading hundreds of threads, asking many questions, giving a little advise when I can I realized that so far Tnet has been invaluable.
I have been on a few forums in my day about various subjects. Over that time I've found half of the people don't Know what they are talking about, a few just want to seem witty and insult others, a few trouble makers and not a lot of actual real good advise.
I am delighted to say that I've learned a lot here and the people here are among the best I've run into. In the short time I had on Tnet I've literally increased my take exponentially simply by actually taking the advise I've read through various posts here.
I've never seen a forum with people more willing to help and offer honest advice wether it's what someone wants to hear or not.
Hopefully I don't forget anyone but thank you
Hoser, Russau, Jason in Enid, goody guy, omnicron, oakview2, Kevin in Co, Azviper, 63bkpkr, Doc from GH, grizzly gremlin, Fullpan, and anyone that I may have omitted. It's hard to remember everyone but if you frequently give advise but aren't mentioned I apologize and please know Your tips and willingness to share really makes this place awesome and addictive.
People randomly say thank you in their posts but its important to thank you guys properly.
You guys rock

Sick4Gold,

Was surprised to see my name listed in this group. Its great that you took the time to recognize some outstanding people in these forums. T-Net has some very knowledgeable individuals in gold recovery. Your title line got my attention for me to take a look... Welcome to the forums...

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Of the forums I have been part of, this is by far the most helpful. Kevin, GA, and 63, you three, as well as most all of the rest here are the best support and info source any goldhounding dirt-lover could ever hope for! Thanks SICK for taking the time to give thanks to those who make this place great!!!

JB

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few bad apples, for sure.... but they usually get SCOLDED when they pipe up. I have been with this forum since "the old days" back in the '80s. The best back then and STILL the best! Evolving, growing, and getting better! TTC

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Great title! I am lingering here for the same reasons. After Asking on here while working on my build I was able to get my setup done right and All of those you listed and more, including yourself were a BIG help in my prospecting. I am Sitting at just under an Ounce (27g + a nice nugget) in my very first season of prospecting! I want to thank all of you too.

Careful with that paper plate. Catch it on the edge of something and you're gold will fling in a 20 ft radius. I know from experience After all, it is a giving advice thread :laughing7: Good amount of gold btw

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread