For CTX 3030 Beach / shallow hunting comptriots : waterproofing guide

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome guide (and great job with the video edits)! Thanks from a fellow CTX user and scuba diver for taking the time to put it together. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Tony :thumbsup: forums are made for that.... if I take my personal case, without advises found on forums I'll have quite MD!

I'll add the part#2 as soon as I have finished testing an other way to waterproof the USB port. Need to make a few more dives this week. Plenty of tips to follow ;-)

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good solutions which obviously are working. My first thought on the USB would have been two wraps of Teflon tap on those threads since the USB isnt used that often. Putting that other rubber closing the gab must have taken some thought. If you get it to big the ML rubber wouldnt have tightened down enough. Why wouldnt you just go with the DIVING rubber always for the battery?

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Because it is harder to lock / unlock and it might afraid some CTX owners...

From 2mm thickness, no need to worry of sand or whatever.... the waterproofing of the battry pack is 100% bullet proof

I have tried PTFE tape without success, part#2 will show sealing and waterproof greasing options

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread