For Newbies, Undecideds and Machine Change Lookers Eyes Only

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

DSCN0301.JPG

Here is a typical metal detecting hunt coin shooting. We all dig plenty of trash, but we just don't post it because it's ugly. As a result, the perception given is that the experienced hunters only dig good targets, because they are so good. :laughing9: The truth is, the more targets you dig, the more keepers you get. Discrimination on any given target can change due to a lot of external environmental factors which I wont get into. That is a discussion all by itself for another time. So......get out there and dig more targets. Take a screwdriver along to find the shallow targets then pop them out as quick as you can. Do dig pulltabs. That's where a lot of gold rings show up. And remember, metal detecting is a hobby, and hobbies are meant to be enjoyed.
thumb.gif
. And yes....sometimes we get skunked. Most of the hunters keep their mouths shut on those hunts. :laughing7:

DSCN0304.JPG

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup. Have to dig the trash

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome clad haul. :thumbsup: I had 2 honey holes that I pretty well clemed up. Used to average 5-6$ per hour at those sites.

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero

View attachment 1182086

Here is a typical metal detecting hunt coin shooting. We all dig plenty of trash, but we just don't post it because it's ugly. As a result, the perception given is that the experienced hunters only dig good targets, because they are so good. :laughing9: The truth is, the more targets you dig, the more keepers you get. Discrimination on any given target can change due to a lot of external environmental factors which I wont get into. That is a discussion all by itself for another time. So......get out there and dig more targets. Take a screwdriver along to find the shallow targets then pop them out as quick as you can. Do dig pulltabs. That's where a lot of gold rings show up. And remember, metal detecting is a hobby, and hobbies are meant to be enjoyed.
thumb.gif
. And yes....sometimes we get skunked. Most of the hunters keep their mouths shut on those hunts. :laughing7:

View attachment 1182087

Well said , sir !

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Do dig pulltabs. That's where a lot of gold rings show up."

Also some gold coins, like the full sovereign I found. it was a 67-68 VDI on the AT Gold.

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No such thing as a treasure detector. If you're not diggin' you're not findin'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions