Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: For the "Buck" guys

I'm almost positive that pics 3, 4 & 5 are "limpy" from last year.

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

They sell those lifelike targets here at the local Farm stores :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Seriously though,that is closer than I would wanna get.....bucks have been known to attack at that range :whip2:

Now you can add "Master of Beasts" to your resume....

I suspect you will be training beagles to sniff out silver and gold before long.... :tongue3:

Soup

*I know I havent been around much,but I sure hope the Illinois board hasn't lost there sense of humour..... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fistfulladirt said:
Excellent shots! How'd you get so close? Stayed downwind?

They're very tame in our Chicago area forest preserves. Unfortunately, a lot of people feed them with their kids, not realizing they are doing them more harm than good. I always make sure to have a tree in from of me too, just in case if they decide to charge. There is an older gentleman that walks the paths here, and they actually eat out of his hand. As long as you walk slow, without making any sudden movements, you can get pretty darn close to them. Kind of freaky :laughing7: when they stomp their foot and drop their head down though.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

I didn't think that the bucks are as agressive before or after the rut. We have a 500-acre park here, in which local animal-control "sharpshooters" have been contracted to take 80-90 deer per year out of the parks. Some of the locals are ticked, of course. I do some detecting in this park, I rarely see the deer but I know they are there.

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fistfulladirt said:
I didn't think that the bucks are as agressive before or after the rut. We have a 500-acre park here, in which local animal-control "sharpshooters" have been contracted to take 80-90 deer per year out of the parks. Some of the locals are ticked, of course. I do some detecting in this park, I rarely see the deer but I know they are there.

We actually have guys "sharpshooters" that come out here from Wisconsin to train and they do the same thing. They try to thin out the heard, which I think is a good thing, because there is just too many of them and not that much food available. They get used to people feeding them and then can't fend for themselves. Either way, it sure is fun to be able to get that close to them to get some of these pictures. I know guys that have trail cams and can't get pictures that close. I walked around 6 or 7 miles today. It keeps my mind off of not being able to detect. :laughing7: Damn cabin fever :BangHead:

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great pictures jon.

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

etrac007 said:
great pictures jon.

Thanks, can't wait for tax returns so I can get that new lens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread