For those of you who sell jewelry on eBay...

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I have struggles with taking pictures of mint marks on coins, stamps on jewelry, and makers marks. But I recently stumbled across these great devices:
2MP Mega Pixels 50x 500x 8 LED USB Digital Microscope Endoscope Camera Magnifier | eBay
10g 0 01g 001g Milligram Precision Scale Diamond Jewelry Gold Digital Balance | eBay

Both are very useful. Listing pieces to the most accurate weight possible is always a good idea, and taking crystal clear pictures of stamps is awesome. here are a few pictures.

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case anyone is struggling like I was.

HH.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
image-1661755264.jpg

image-2677065977.jpg

image-3902562636.jpg

Gold_Hunter

Dec 31, 2013
WY
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I really like that microscope/camera! Those pictures come out very nice and will help buyers identify genuine markings.
I think having two cheap low capacity high resolution digital scales is the best. Then you can compare weights to make sure your buyers end up happy! ;)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I really need to buy one of those. It's a PITA using a magnifying glass or loupe held up to the front of your camera with one hand, while trying to take the photo with the other hand. A good scale with a tare weight to calibrate when needed is a definite necessity.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I really need to buy one of those. It's a PITA using a magnifying glass or loupe held up to the front of your camera with one hand, while trying to take the photo with the other hand. A good scale with a tare weight to calibrate when needed is a definite necessity.

Haha, iPhone+loupe FTW!

1. Place loupe in front of camera. Loupe is dirty --> clean it

2. Place loupe in front of camera. Light glaring off of item --> reposition item.

3. Place loupe in front of camera. Loupe is glaring/can see edge of loupe --> carefully adjust positioning

4. Place loupe in front of camera. Hallmark is on the other side of item. Curse --> turn item over.

5. Repeat steps 1-3

6. Take picture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread