For those that added the new mineral chip to their 2500

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
hmmm I am starting to get a complex here. I have asked 3 different questions on the boards here and no one is answering them.

Was it something I said??? LOL

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
I don't think you're being ignored- -maybe no 2500 users have done this upgrade. I haven't-- maybe posting under Garrett /metal detectors will help!

There!! Now you have a reply!!-- LOL

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Thanks Blackjack. Perhaps it was on another board where I know someone had the upgrade done. I guess I will ask on that one.

Thanks for the reply though, I feel better now. :)

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a hold of 21stTNcav he just got his back with the chip upgrade

Lotsawhatzits

Jan 9, 2009
I just bought a new 2500 and it doesn't have treasure talk. I have been reading posts that talked about it and have been going nuts trying to find out how to turn it on.

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Lotsawhatzits said:
I just bought a new 2500 and it doesn't have treasure talk. I have been reading posts that talked about it and have been going nuts trying to find out how to turn it on.

The new 2500s do not have the treasure talk feature. Garrett removed it. Sorry.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you figure out how to turn it on you'll go nuts trying to figure out how to get her to shut up!
M :wink: nty

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Monty said:
Once you figure out how to turn it on you'll go nuts trying to figure out how to get her to shut up!
M :wink: nty

LOL so right!! Until I found out how to make it so she only spoke when I pressed the button, it drove me crazy!!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing to do with the topic, but I went to a Minelab and I really miss that lady talking to me. What I miss most is the size indicator that was on my GTI 2500. If Garrett would update their 2500 with a new processor, it would be the flagship of all detectors. I think at least. Monty

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Yes I like the size indicator as well. Mine was just not identifying anything correctly that is why I decided to send it in. It was made in 1999 so having it upgraded will make it like new, only better because I still have the talk feature. :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I broke a coil wire and sent mine in to get a new coil. They said they updated the processor when I sent it in. I guess they meant they put the newer chip in? I couldn't tell any difference but I didn't use it much before I sold it. Monty

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Monty said:
I broke a coil wire and sent mine in to get a new coil. They said they updated the processor when I sent it in. I guess they meant they put the newer chip in? I couldn't tell any difference but I didn't use it much before I sold it. Monty

Why did you sell it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread