For those who need a laugh!

miata2k

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
OK, I'll rat myself out to give yall a little laugh.

I was bench testing my new Ace 250 last night just so I could get an idea of what different metals sound like and how they register. I kept getting the same odd signal no matter what i put under the coil. I was using coins, rings, chains, I even tried to see what my dog's collar would register as (lol, it was still on him.) When I started to get vocal about my issues with the odd signal, my wonderful fiance reminded me that I have 3 screws in my wrist from a car accident. ;D ;D WOW!!! I even think the dog started laughing at me. Anyway, once I switched hands everything seems to be working fine.

I hope I was able to brighten some of your days.

M2k

Upvote 0

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
LMAO... I did that once... only i was wearing a Watch at the time. After the third beep I realized i was still wearing it... then looked around to make sure nobody saw my complete idiocy. Amazing that even when nobody is around you can still feel like a huge DOOFUS.
steve

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
I did the detecting thing with steel toe boots on. Works great, no problem,really. No matter where I was at,I could find my boots. I have not done that again for sure. It was extremely irritating and made for a short outing.
Mike

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have taken to wearing wading boot like you'd wear with stocking foot waders. They must have brass tacks in the toes as the Excal "dings" everyonce in awhile if my foot is to near the coil. I gotta go back to divers boots.

HH<
Sandman

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wedding ring,off 4 the summer mrs bomber still upset

S

stefen

I was going thru a security checkpoint at the Fresno Airport a few years back with a co-worker, a retired AF Bird Colonel.

Just short of stripping naked, the security woman, a rather rotund transplant from the DMV, was now passing a hand held MD over his body and kept getting a signal about the middle inner thighs of my friend.

Just short of a BOHICA (bend over here it comes again), I said maybe its his brass you-know-whats. And boy did I ever get the dirty looks. ::)

Finally after raising his pant legs and showing his scars, he stated that maybe his knee replacements were ticking off the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions