For Those Who Need Told Everything...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Now aint that a peach. sorry, couldn't help myself.

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always bring the dogs in at night when it's cold.It also saves a lot on dog food! The problem is, in this weather they refuse to go out!LOL !

Wade

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our animals are outside. I built them a hay fort around their dog houses and covered the entire shebang with a tarp. We put one of those ceramic heaters in there last night and it stayed quite warm. Yes, I'd sleep out there.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay. I brought the dogs in. Now where am I supposed to put the horses, pigs, goats, and cows?

OP
OP
Peachy

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The barn. It's darn cold here! The snow is to the top of my dogs balls. It covered his frisbees earlier on. LOL

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My dog is a sad sack Wheaton. He's a good boy, but he's also a waste of skin. He don't bark. He don't/won't play. He eats and craps and that's about it. He does like to ride in the car or truck with us. He's so quiet, that we have actually forgotten him and left him in the car. We'd be back home an hour or so, and my wife would be like, "Hey where's Kaycee?" There'd he'd be - in the car - tail wagging. Now I ask you this: How could you consciously leave a sweet fluffy puppy like that outside at night? He'd be cougar-food in short order.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Tried it once but the poop generated by almost two dozen hens piles up fast. And hard to get outa the carpet.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you won't sleep in it, neither should they <--- Really Peachy? That statement is not common sense.
Some dogs are made for the outdoors some are not.
This new world thinking is really something.............

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried it once but the poop generated by almost two dozen hens piles up fast. And hard to get outa the carpet.

Lol.........Some of us understand this too well! :laughing7:

Running around in your house like wild animals bouncing off furniture, climbing up on everything, knocking everything over,scratching doors! Chasing the cat, playing and eating out of the cat box! Then just when you think everything is good and dog proof? It looks right into your eyes and drops a log on the floor with no warning at all! No thanks! They are outside dogs! I love animals but, they need to stay outside. Just prepare their house, kennel or where ever for the cold!lol

They were my best friends outside! Inside they became possessed or something!:laughing7:

this thread just brought back some funny memories!:laughing7:

I don't have to worry about it anymore. Since living in a warmer state now and no dog at the moment.:laughing7:

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My dog is a sad sack Wheaton. He's a good boy, but he's also a waste of skin. He don't bark. He don't/won't play. He eats and craps and that's about it. He does like to ride in the car or truck with us. He's so quiet, that we have actually forgotten him and left him in the car. We'd be back home an hour or so, and my wife would be like, "Hey where's Kaycee?" There'd he'd be - in the car - tail wagging. Now I ask you this: How could you consciously leave a sweet fluffy puppy like that outside at night? He'd be cougar-food in short order.

Eat and crap.......at least he don't shed.:laughing7:

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that my folks neighbors need a little bit of common sense their way. For the past 2 winters they've had two rescued pit bulls outside 24/7.

Sluice

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If you won't sleep in it, neither should they <--- Really Peachy? That statement is not common sense.
Some dogs are made for the outdoors some are not.
This new world thinking is really something.............

Thinking,hmm....it's not WHAT you think it's HOW you think it.

OP
OP
Peachy

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Common sense is not a teachable attribute but one learned by rote. Note that I did not say all of the animals. Even Noe didn't do that. Post was meant to raise awareness and only For those who need told everythingIf your animal needs brought in, bring it in. Sub zero and all. Common sense is a fleeting thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peachy

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still make homemade saurkraut and horseradish. Will start the garden on March 19 if able .Anything but New World thinker.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I never leave my dog outside overnight, even if it is 80 degrees and the middle of July. A couple years ago we left our pet egg laying hens out in their coop at night. The cold ended up killing a couple so now they stay in a little wooden pen inside our porch in the winter. Unfortunately we lost two this year so we are down to one. The first time ever we lost any to predators. One got killed by a hawk, the other by a fox.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread