South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No really Outlaw guys only!
We love our Outlaws RIGHT! We love them SO..... much that we may even forget that they need to be brought back to the corral and given a good bath every now and then. Recently on a hunt I started having THE issue, you know the obligatory pinpoint/retune button thingy. This where when the button is pushed and it stays in the All-metal mode. For the non-outlaw crowd the Outlaws retune button is a two mode switch which allows the Outlaw to be placed into Auto-All metal and stationary All-metal while in the Disc mode, this done by pressing the switch either all the way down or half way down. After repeated use of said button it appears to get very dirty and may allow debris to enter in and cause some problems. Also true of the mode switch
image.jpg
Any how I decided to give it a bath! So I fill up a bucket of water..... Just kidding! After doing some online research looking for a way to improve my 1970s Short Wave Radio, I came across this stuff called DeOxit
image.jpg
CAIG Laboratories - Home of DeoxIT® & Hand-E-Glove®
It is a very high quality contact cleaner made in the good O'l USA. After giving the Outlaw's button and switch a good spray and working of switches during the cleaning my Outlaw is now right as rain!! After three weeks of operation there is no sign of ANY problems and the Outlaw is as good as new.
Hope this helps.
I picked up my can of DeOxit spray on Amazon for about 11.00$

OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more note , added some heat shrink to the switch. This should keep some of the dirt out.
image.jpg

Last edited:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can buy a rubber boot that has the nut in the boot. Screw off the existing nut and replace with boot nut. You can google them. I think Radio Shack has them. I know I need to buy some.

dlt123me

Sep 18, 2014
Newberg Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love DIY fixes or improvements. I am always tweaking things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread