Forarm fatigue Excalibur 1000

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a place that has custom rods for the Excal 1K. No idea if it makes any difference; just redistributes the misery.

Excalibur Custom Rods

Minelab Excalibur Parts and Accessories

Excal_new_lock-681x328.jpg

And Anderson makes a bunch of after-market. Including a SCUBA shaft that looks like a good idea if you're underwater. And some carbon fiber models that should be lighter.

Anderson Detector Shafts, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Tesoro, Whites, NJ

excalscuba160.jpg

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Two suggestions: straight shaft as mentioned above by either Anderson or Plugger and secondly, try using a harness to take weight off your arm.

Many of us Florida beach hunters use this combo and can hunt all day with no stress on our arms.

Just the view from my foxhole...

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just to add - start weightlifting if you dont (and are able to). It can really help a lot. Seems like the guys around me that swing the excal made their own straight shaft. I swing a CZ21 and can go about 2 hrs just fine.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another thought - my Minelab Advantage came with a shoulder rig so the coil and shaft are free of the battery box/control unit. I see the Anderson/Gold Digger link I gave above has a hip mount; as does KellyCo.

mY1VZ2TQg02LxsdbzDtB9oA.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can make your own if you wish, I made mine. Go to a marine store and look for an aluminum deck broom handle. Take your lower shaft with coil removed with you to test fit..

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have used the carbon fiber shafts made by plugger on all my Excals. They make that coil just float!
I get the two or three piece shafts in case I need to travel with it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Grazzze,

I use the Detector Buddy, Swingy Thing and Minelab Pro Swing to have the ability to detect for 8+ hours. Each of these products have their pros and cons, but all of them relieved my elbow pain to zero! Perhaps some of the detectorists in your area can allow you to try some of these products.

I wish you well in your search for comfort.

Regards,

Doc

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a bungee that connects to my detector and hooks to my camelpac... Takes stress off arm and always have cold water to drink..

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, bungee all the way.
I got a "knock-off" swingy thingy for my ETRac from Kco for bout $20.
It ain't as purdy, but it works. ;)
My detector now literally floats. I just guide it. 8hr hunts are painless. Cept fer the ole' back of course...
GL
Peace ✌

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, bungee all the way.
I got a "knock-off" swingy thingy for my ETRac from Kco for bout $20.
It ain't as purdy, but it works. ;)
My detector now literally floats. I just guide it. 8hr hunts are painless. Cept fer the ole' back of course...
GL
Peace ✌
Yep I used the bungee from one your talking about to connect to my camelpac....

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right on top of things Charlie!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread