Jewelry 004.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 8,737
Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you get into being able to search foreclosure homes?

Bran <><

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the foreclosure homes I have seen are secured and have warning signs to keep out. Are you a burglar? Monty

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
lurediver said:
Here are a few finds from some of the foreclosures I enter. There's a few gold rings and a bunch of silver rings and necklaces. I have a few hundred dollars in change, 1 lb. in silver coins and a ton of other goodies. :hello2:

Mind stating the capacity in which you "enter" these foreclosures? Might help avoid issues on this sensitive subject, thanks. :wink:

OP
OP
L

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009
Blacksheep said:
lurediver said:
Here are a few finds from some of the foreclosures I enter. There's a few gold rings and a bunch of silver rings and necklaces. I have a few hundred dollars in change, 1 lb. in silver coins and a ton of other goodies. :hello2:

Mind stating the capacity in which you "enter" these foreclosures? Might help avoid issues on this sensitive subject, thanks. :wink:

Job related and everything is legal and on the up and up. Nuff said.

You wouldn't believe what people leave behind. I wonder why they lose their homes sometimes. :icon_scratch:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Blacksheep said:
lurediver said:

Lurediver said it was job related. Once the bank owns the property, third-parties are contracted to clean the properties. They "own" the trash.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for clearing that up. You had me worried! There has been a rash of break ins at some repossessed homes close to me. My sister-in-law lost her house and up until the sheriff locked her out, the bank led her to believe they were going to reach a settlement with her. She didn't have time to get all her things out. I know of a new bedroom suite she left behind because the bank refused to let her back inside. Monty

OP
OP
L

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009
Monty said:
Thanks for clearing that up. You had me worried! There has been a rash of break ins at some repossessed homes close to me. My sister-in-law lost her house and up until the sheriff locked her out, the bank led her to believe they were going to reach a settlement with her. She didn't have time to get all her things out. I know of a new bedroom suite she left behind because the bank refused to let her back inside. Monty

that sucks.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Blacksheep said:
lurediver said:

In my line of business, I have seen many situations where homes were sold or abandoned and cleaning people were called in to haul everything away. The realtors or new owners just want it all gone. They don't care where or who ends up with it.

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I'd have it in me to gloat, brag or be happy about how I got items from homes (people) that were foreclosed on.
But that's just me :dontknow:

That's not to say it wouldn't be an interesting job going in and cleaning/removing items...it's just not something that I would be proud of and I'd probably not tell alot of people I'd done it. Some good hard working people have their homes foreclosed on, not through ignorance, but ill fortune.

There for the grace of God go I

OP
OP
L

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009
Do we really know how or why anyone leaves their belongings behind?

Alchemy said:
I don't think I'd have it in me to gloat, brag or be happy about how I got items from homes (people) that were foreclosed on.
But that's just me :dontknow:

That's not to say it wouldn't be an interesting job going in and cleaning/removing items...it's just not something that I would be proud of and I'd probably not tell alot of people I'd done it. Some good hard working people have their homes foreclosed on, not through ignorance, but ill fortune.

There for the grace of God go I

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
While we're on the subject of foreclosures, I was watching something on TV a few weeks ago an they said the best way to avoid foreclosure (besides paying your mortage) is to ask to see the orginal papers... most of the time the time these papers are lost cause they jump from broker to broker an they Legally have to find them if you asked to see them before they can foreclose your house... that is only the very tip of that iceberg I can't remember all the fine details

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
My brother and I used to haul trash, and clean out peoples homes, the owner would always tell us, its all yours to keep or haul away.. one of my best finds was a old scwhinn 5 speed stingray

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Monty said:

Guess I'd be thrown in jail because I'd be going back and getting it if it were mine.

Sniper1K

Feb 20, 2009
Souf Cakalack
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505, Excalibur 1000
I don't think he was bragging at all. How he came about the items was legal, so why all of the fuss? Cool items. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

"There but for the grace of God go I (actually, John Bradford) - John Bradford, Tower of London.

Mike

OP
OP
L

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009
Sniper1K said:
I don't think he was bragging at all. How he came about the items was legal, so why all of the fuss? Cool items. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

"There but for the grace of God go I (actually, John Bradford) - John Bradford, Tower of London.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I thought his comments were a little unjust.

C

Cappy Z.

I think the guy has a legitimate business and more power to him for not throwing 'dumpster diver' valuables into the trash. I hope he finds a cash box.
:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions