Foreign Silver (with pics)

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
All,

Today was a good day. I rarely get out and coin shoot anymore, usually just stick to the boxes. Well, wanting to get out today, I called a few of my banks with coin machines. Nobody dumps at these, my last bags in OCT / NOV were very good. Well one had a full one, which surprised me, so off I went to pick it up.

No American Silvers but did get two AWESOME finds. One 1915 India One Rupee and a 1936 5 Reichsmark (No Swastika). Both are silver. It's amazing to think the hands these passed through, especially the Reichsmark. How did it get to the United States??? Was it from a Jewish Imigrant? What about German post war? Or better yet an American GI? I like the last, from one GI to another!

Happy Hunting all, enjoy my the pics my wife's about to post.

~phrostie

Upvote 0

Ashdowney

Feb 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Does this mean laundry room upstairs? :occasion14:

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 392
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 404
OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
mrs. phrostie, yes we are doing a laundry room upstairs. No these coins will not be sold, they are a part of world history.

Are you raising glasses to me? If so is yours water?

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its about time you posted Mrs. Prostie. Have not seen you post in while. Hope your new family is getting along well. Tell the Mr. to also take you out on the town (along with the upstairs laundry room). :icon_sunny:

HSH,
apush :read2:

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Really neat finds! I am with you in in thinking it is amazing to think how many hands this has passed through.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Great finds. Love the photos! Hope the baby arrives on July 14th. That's my
66th birthday. Best of luck
rileyboy
R.I.P. Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread