Forest forensics

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone that loves the forest as I do and would like to be able to decipher important points about the history of a specific site this book is for you. Forest Forensics will help you determine several things about the history of a site just by reading the trees and the stone walls and the way the ground looks. This book made me think back to things I've seen and say "Man I wish I had read this book years ago." There are lots of fantastic illustrations that show exactly what the author is talking about. You can feel his passionate when speaking about his own property and live of the woods. It's short and only about $15. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have Also wanted to let you all know that there is an awesome buckle reference online by Ross Whitehead that is free and downloadable as a pdf file. This buckle reference is incredible with tons of illustrations and lots of information on dating your buckles. It is by far the best buckle reference I have seen

image-1513986440.jpg

image-189905252.jpg

Last edited:

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the tip. This does seem like an interesting read. I just ordered it and the companion book "Reading the Forested Landscape"

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got em! I received "Reading the Forested Landscape" 1st and am about half way through. Fantastic!!! Gives some great insight on all the clues available and how to interpret them. The "Field Guide" seems like a pretty comprehensive cheat sheet to carry into the woods. Thanks again for the share Ahab8:occasion14:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like My kind of Book/Book,s Thanks Ahab8 for the heads up.

Davers

wherenext1961

Apr 20, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Mine Lab pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always looking for books to help me learn more. Thanks for the line on this one. Cant wait to get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread