Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after 7 days of rain and getting getting "bogged" in the muck, the farm gave this lovely brass sprinkler IMG_3072.JPG and a state quarter :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: , then the horror of all diggers---coil ear tab breaks leaving me with a dangling member. by divine intervention, FMERG has just created a universal fix more most coil failures and he provided field side service. back swinging after the 2 minute repair. 8-):laughing7::laughing7::icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: PM Frank if you like his invention :hello: 2016-05-07%20026.JPG 2016-05-07%20029.JPG 2016-05-07%20030.JPG 2016-05-07%20023.JPG

Upvote 9

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Duct tape works too. Stepped on my coil on the ground while spinning and making a crazy video(That's a goofy story for another day) and broke it off where you attach the plastic screw. Had duct tape(Thanks to MacGyver,lol) and taped up and over the hole and punched a hole through the tape to put the screw back through. That was months ago and still using it, good as new and will probably outlast a new coil. lol

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic fix and thanks for posting the pictures for all of us to view - glad you are back in action and wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the story. You guys have me thinking now. I need to carry a "quick fix" in my bag from now on!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the story. You guys have me thinking now. I need to carry a "quick fix" in my bag from now on!

I always have a fix all bag with me - duck tape -gorilla glue -super glue - zip ties and extra washers and plastic screws
string - and extra rods and other odds and ends - I always have at least one extra spare machine with me too - extra dig tools
knives etc - I learned long ago - from being 2+ hrs from home and having something break and having to drive all the way back
and been on vacay and had it happen too - never again - I take at least 2 of everything

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread