foriegn coins

bag and drag

Jan 20, 2009
so I go to an estate sale a couple days ago and end up buying a semi-huge lot of coins,now all I was after was older silver american but the sellers only wanted to sell all thier fathers coins at once so I buy them all since there was alot of what I wanted.now after picking all the american I am left with about 700 coins in cardboard/plastic flips.these coins are only catagorised alphabetically and include at least thirty countries with dates spreading wildly from the late 1800's to present with the bulk being mid-century.
my questions in general are:is there a american market for these type collections? and how would one go about fixing a price without going thru research on each coin?do coins like this sell well by the pound on ebay? Just guessing I would say theres about 15 lb.this may be a time to become an ebay seller since I would have lots of small items to generate feedback.thanks for reading. B&D

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
IMO, I'd put them on eBay and start them at one cent plus S&H--and see what happens. Perhaps offer them in lots.
At a minimum you'll get many responses and have the opportunity to establish a good eBay reputation.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, list em to ebay but start at 99 cents each. It's still the min fee., you can relist if necessary for free, and won't be screwed by someone combining shipping and getting many for a penny each. Of course it's the better ones you are concerned about but there's still no reason to give anything away. There's one foreign coin I got out of a lot that your post made me thing of, can't remember what it was though. I got the lot for next to nothing and listed everything worth while as a single auction. The coin was mid 1800s copper, but a very high grade. Even so, most of those still aren't worth a lot so I was quite surprised when the last few seconds of the auction put the bid from a few dollars to $308... with the under bidder writing me saying to let him know if the winner didn't pay! I'd list your coins to Ebay if for nothing else it would be fun to watch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions