• Forks of Salmon.JPG
    Forks of Salmon.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 96

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pic, but FWIW riding a motorcycle on an active mountain logging road is just nuts!

From experience, I can tell you that a drivers worst nightmare is to come around
a corner on a loaded, downhill run and find someone on a bicycle in the middle
of the road. Can't stop, so only choice is to run you over.. behead.gif

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There’s only narrow one lane paved roads into this rural area. All must use the same road. I’ve had my share of close passes along these roads, sometimes towing my camp trailer. Have to stay alert and be willing to put her in reverse. Beautiful country.

Mike

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoyed a nice motorcycle ride in the hills. Logging trucks come flying down the small one lane road, so you must be prepared to pull off the road quickly or get knocked off the road. Sometimes the greatest treasures in life are just there on the side of the road.
Northern CA is one of the most beautiful places in the lower 48. Now, if you could only sever the area south of Sacramento, you'd have a very nice state! ╦╦C

OP
OP
G

greenman38

Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's true Dizz, but if you want to get to the town you have to take that road. Good thing is, I can hear the trucks way before they get to me, so you just pull over and wait for them to pass.

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are still trees in CA?
And they actually let people cut them??
Nice picture!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful! :icon_thumleft: I can hear the flowing water...just beautiful! :notworthy:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in the Sacramento area in the late 80s. Use to head up to Ft Bragg and camp up that way. I wonder how the traffic on highway 1 is these days compared to what I thought was crazy back then?.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lived in the Sacramento area in the late 80s. Use to head up to Ft Bragg and camp up that way. I wonder how the traffic on highway 1 is these days compared to what I thought was crazy back then?.
The last time I drove through Crescent City (2018), elk were grazing along the hwy, oblivious to the traffic. NICE! ╦╦C

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real Northern California truly is a beautiful place TerrC. I live just a few miles north of Crescent City here on the north coast.

Yes EO8, there are vast forests of trees in NorCal and we do cut some. Not like in years past, but some.

Mike

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real Northern California truly is a beautiful place TerrC. I live just a few miles north of Crescent City here on the north coast.

Yes EO8, there are vast forests of trees in NorCal and we do cut some. Not like in years past, but some.

Mike

You are lucky to have the resources that you have.
From what I understand, north and south CA are like two different states?
I know which half I would like.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I drove through Crescent City (2018), elk were grazing along the hwy, oblivious to the traffic. NICE! ╦╦C
Sounds like the deer and elk in Rocky Mountain National Park. I can't ever recall seeing any elk in northern California. Another place me and my girlfriend now wife would go camping was Lassen Park. I was fascinated with the geology of that place.

OP
OP
G

greenman38

Greenie
Jan 20, 2020
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are elk all over the area I live in northern ca. a lot of times I have to wait for them to move out of the road. IMG_3386.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 206.JPG
    Picture 206.JPG
    688.4 KB · Views: 47

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks so cool wish I was there on a motorcycle playing some seliger tunes roll me away

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's right about dangerous truck traffic in the area, a friend of mine on a motorcycle got run off a steep incline in that area by a logging truck and was killed. They didn't find him for a week. Another friend now runs fishing trips for hire on the Salmon. He told me they grow a lot of weed in there too. Gorgeous part of our vast country!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions