former ACE 250 users who upgraded to AT Pro (or Gold)

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Looking forward to replies on this. I currently have the 250 as well looking to upgrade to the AT pro.

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, Propointer, minelab musketeer x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too. I'm using the 350 and wanting to upgrade to the at gold.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't used the 250 or 350, or AT Pro, but I have an AT Gold and it is a darned good machine. Just from reading about the different features, the AT Gold in All Metal is going to beat these other machines. Not made for salt water so that is about the only thing it doesn't excel in. When in All Metal, all targets sound off but you can set the iron discrimination and check them in Iron Audio. Yes, you will hear MANY targets in All Metal. The Hi-Resolution Iron Discrimination is a very powerful tool. I found a three inch nail one time and the Iron Audio did not sound off. I was heartbroken because it had previously been so accurate. So I checked the hole again and found a coin. And if you want tiny targets you can find stuff that is hard to see even when it is in the palm of your hand. And deep, I've found coins at 12 inches in wet sand (not salt water but lots of salt fertilizers). But more realistically, 8 to 9 inches on silver dimes in DISC 1 with an accurate target ID #. The All Metal air test was 12 inches on a good-sized man's gold ring. The lower conductors really come in strong.

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, Propointer, minelab musketeer x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
signal_line said:
Haven't used the 250 or 350, or AT Pro, but I have an AT Gold and it is a darned good machine. Just from reading about the different features, the AT Gold in All Metal is going to beat these other machines. Not made for salt water so that is about the only thing it doesn't excel in. When in All Metal, all targets sound off but you can set the iron discrimination and check them in Iron Audio. Yes, you will hear MANY targets in All Metal. The Hi-Resolution Iron Discrimination is a very powerful tool. I found a three inch nail one time and the Iron Audio did not sound off. I was heartbroken because it had previously been so accurate. So I checked the hole again and found a coin. And if you want tiny targets you can find stuff that is hard to see even when it is in the palm of your hand. And deep, I've found coins at 12 inches in wet sand (not salt water but lots of salt fertilizers). But more realistically, 8 to 9 inches on silver dimes in DISC 1 with an accurate target ID #. The All Metal air test was 12 inches on a good-sized man's gold ring. The lower conductors really come in strong.

Thanks for sharing. I dont have any salt water so thats what made me want the gold. It looked better suited for my hunting. I'm curious what disc 1 means. I've read the at pro has "pro" mode and its alot better. Is the gold the same way? And does the iron discrimination or iron audio mean you can disc it out and ignore it?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Metal is what it says--all targets sound off, but if you check them in Iron Audio iron targets will give the low tone on each side of the target. This depends on how much iron discrimination you are using.

DISC 1 will eliminate however much iron you want to discriminate (except for very large iron). With Iron Audio off, the discriminated iron will not sound. But with the Iron Audio on, the iron will sound the low tone on each side of the target. The DISC1 has some ground filtering and will not go as deep as the All Metal.

Probably you might read the owner's manual on the Garrett website and watch the videos.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention I use the 5 x 8 double d coil. I've heard the concentric go deeper in normal soil but the double d works better in highly mineralized.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I posted in the other thread the at pro and ace 250 are like night and day just no comparison if you like your ace 250 and want to upgrade to an at pro DO IT dont even think twice about it the at pro is light years ahead of the ace 250

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread