FORREST FENN'S TREASURE FINALLY FOUND ! ! ! - FOR REAL THIS TIME ! ! !

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forrest Fenn, an art dealer whose self-published memoir hinting at a buried treasure.

(CNN) — Thousands of brave souls have ventured into the Rocky Mountains for the past decade, searching for a treasure chest filled with gold, rubies, emeralds and diamonds.

But that adventure has finally come to an end. The treasure has been found.

Forrest Fenn, the 89-year-old art and antiquities collector who created the treasure hunt, made the announcement Sunday on his website.

"It was under a canopy of stars in the lush, forested vegetation of the Rocky Mountains and had not moved from the spot where I hid it more than 10 years ago," Fenn wrote in his announcement. "I do not know the person who found it, but the poem in my book led him to the precise spot."

The treasure was found a few days ago by a man who did not want to be named, Fenn told the Santa Fe New Mexican. He noted, however, that the man was from "back East" and that he confirmed his discovery by sending Fenn a photograph of his newfound riches.

READ HERE - https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/forrest-fenn-rocky-mountains-treasure-chest-found-trnd/index.html

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And how do we know there was ever a treasure?

I am sure that photos will begin to surface eventually.

In this day and age of the "selfie".. lol... now that would be a selfie if there ever was one. heh

"Hey check my selfie with Forrest Fenn's Treasure when I found it."

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for me, I am disgusted Fenn won't give out where it was hidden. And I only spent a hundred bucks and a hundred hours. Probably thousands of people spent their life savings and literally thousands of hours. My guess you will have to buy the next book to get the answers. I wouldn't give a plug nickel for any book now. And when things are secret it sure sounds fishy like maybe he had somebody go and recover it to end the lawsuits.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that HOOPLA for 10 years, people die looking this and that some one finds it and its done want to rename anonymous just like that no info nothing what away to go out who would of guessed.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for me, I am disgusted Fenn won't give out where it was hidden. And I only spent a hundred bucks and a hundred hours. Probably thousands of people spent their life savings and literally thousands of hours. My guess you will have to buy the next book to get the answers. I wouldn't give a plug nickel for any book now. And when things are secret it sure sounds fishy like maybe he had somebody go and recover it to end the lawsuits.

I have 7 months
2 BOTG
$2K spent
Yes it is BS we can’t even get a state that it was in.
I understand the finder being anonymous.
I just don’t see why we can’t get some information. At this point I will be happy if I was in the right County.
The ghost town of Colfax was my thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread