FORS CORE AND IRON ?

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that dealer won't be selling many detectors! Or maybe that "dealer" sells another brand of detectors, or maybe he just doesn't know what he's talking about.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet that dealer won't be selling many detectors! Or maybe that "dealer" sells another brand of detectors, or maybe he just doesn't know what he's talking about.
Well i guess he sells the Marko but not the Nokta ..

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He knows not what he is talking about. I'll have to say after running a CoRe since Nov it is the best I've ever used. He doesn't know..............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not an issue as you can reject iron if you wish..

"Most iron will be rejected in the ‘0’ to ‘39’ range so an ID Mask setting of ‘40’ should reject most ferrous junk unless it is in a man-made shape that enhances its conductivity. Those types of targets, such as the annoying crimp-on/pry-off bottle caps, can be dealt with using skilled sweep techniques in most cases."

http://noktadetectors.com/blog/fors-core-review-from-usa-expert-monte/

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i thought that all i read about the Cors that it was a good detector in iron ..

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had any problem with my Core and iron. I did see a post on TNET here about running the ID Masking at 5, which is to help the Core to identify good targets next to iron better, than if you run it higher at say 40. I have been running mine at 5 on the beach and you always get the grunt if it's iron and bottlecaps are easily identified by the toe or heel of the coil. I also note that a lot of the small aluminum foil will start out as a good beep and then gets weaker as you sweep over the target. Big foil, dig it. The good targets are going to remain good signals. Occasionally in the wet sand a deep target may be a little scratchy....but as you dig it the signal either gets better or worse if it's an iffy target. I'll have to say I love this machine over any I've had over the years. Discrimination is great and the recovery speed is awesome. Pull tabs are going to fool any machine and be a good signal...but the ID scale will tell you every time, 57/58 pull tab. And, the red pull tabs ring up slightly higher 60/62. If you never dig a pull tab,,,, you may be missing those gold rings.

P.S. Are MD Dealers like bad car salesmen? If they are....shame on them!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
goldkey; P.S. Are MD Dealers like bad car salesmen? If they are....shame on them![/QUOTE said:
Yes i think they are ..And i think all salesmen/women are like bad car sales people also ..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread