Fors core Disc Test- Rusty Nail / US dime

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Here's a quick video testing out the fors core with some iron.The 1st half of the video i'm trying to get an estimate of how much the VDI will change when there is a high conductor mixxed with iron.I believe with some practice i can read the vdi alone and tell if a high conductor is in with iron. I was very surprised to get a 'clean' signal with the nail laying right on the dime...at 6 inches even.Im very happy with these results.:headbang:

Upvote 0

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Not knocking a newer machine, but I can tell if iron is above/below or next to a good target on my nearly 35 year old fisher.
it is all a matter of mastering your detector and learning every little subtle sound it sings to you!
Happy Hunting, thanks for sharing.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Fors CoRe it is as if there is no iron there. When I was testing at the beach I was surprised to see it go over iron nails, bobby pin and bolt with out a peep. I scanned an area with my excal, "X" a bunch of nulls then checked with the Fors, it went right over them with out a peep.

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Not knocking a newer machine, but I can tell if iron is above/below or next to a good target on my nearly 35 year old fisher.
it is all a matter of mastering your detector and learning every little subtle sound it sings to you!
Happy Hunting, thanks for sharing.

Mike
I get what your saying Mike.But with most machines,,the iron signal will block out the high conductor in this case.So if its blocked out you cant tell where the coin is ..you can always tell where the iron is...thats the easy target.The fors core seems to lock onto the high conductor instead of the rusty nail.Give it a try with your machine..Nice size nail covering the dime at 6 inches.buried.My other very expensive unit failed..just nulled out,or i just got a low grunt in all metal.To be fair the target trace tried to see it..Im just sharing it as it happens.I will give you the honest results on the machine positive or negative.I want the best..Right now this is the best i have..i will be comparing it to the deus in the mail..I think that may be the only unit that can keep up with the core in the iron..atleast in my arsenal. Thx for checking out my results guys.Any test you would like me to try with the machines i own feel free,I will film it and post for us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread