diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ft. Lauderdale beach is good if you have a water detector. I haven't had too much luck in the dry sand there. Dania beach is good in both wet and dry (check under the tiki huts south of the pier) a little trashy though. Hollywood is not bad either, better in the water though as they all are. The best advice I can give is to go either on Friday, Sat. or Sun. night to avoid "competition", or if you want to hunt the dry in the mornings get there an hour before the sun comes up so you can avoid the beach drag machines. Parking will cost you at all of them, so bring plenty of quarters. Try to go at low tide if possible and hit the lane in between the low and high tide mark. Post your finds when you get back. Good luck.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to tell you, the best beach for eye candy is South Beach in Miami which is about 20 miles from Lauderdale. I don't get down there too often though so I don't know how the detecting is. There are a few members on here that post finds every now and then from South Beach so it may be worth the trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions