Fort Vancouver 5 Cent Trade Token

MS70DCAM

Jan 9, 2011
I live in Vancouver, Washington. About 20 years ago while detecting along the Columbia River below Fort Vancouver my daughter found a 5 cent trade token (with her eyes!) . The front has a big 5 in the center and says Good for 5 (cent sign) in trade. The token has some corrosion along the top so on the reverse I can only make out servi____co. across the top. Center of the coin says POOL. Along the bottom reverse it says 7th Inf. It appears to be aluminum or possibly tin, definately not silver. Have tried to research it without much luck other than to find trade tokens were used at Fort Vancouver. I am assuming it's a trade token from Fort Vancouver only based on where I found it. I'll try to post a pic of it ASAP. Any info would be appreciated

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It may have been a trade token from the military post, never seen one!!!! to bad there is no detecting allowed even on the beach below the fort any longer, now they will give you a ticket, take your detector and in some cases your vehicle. HH Chug

Dec 19, 2006
The token should read; CO. E / POOL / 7TH INF. Aluminum 20mm, 3/4 inch. The 5th & 7th were there after WWII. It is listed in Cunningham's MILITARY TOKENS of the U.S. as WA690 at $15 in 1995. Silverbullet

Dec 19, 2006
The California attribution is probably incorrect. That book was written in 1976. None of the military tokens listed from Presido then are considered correct, today. Cunningham's book came out in 1995.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread