Forum Envy: Is TreasureNet the Best?

Snake Eyes

Sep 24, 2011
111/101 in SW Ohio.
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Explorer SE, Dowsing Rods...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brings back memories of the Great forum wars of the past! We're Talking Wild Wild West Type Stuff Here People....... It was between forums, or between the people on a forum itself ;D Things Are Much More Ordered Now :icon_thumright:

I Do Think T-net Is The Metropolis Of The Net Knowledge Wise For The Treasure Hunter.........

CHEERS To Marc, And The Moderators Here..... :occasion14:

nw1886

Greenie
Apr 5, 2010
I visit this forum only a little because of time constraints and sticking with only a couple forums that I started with. Each one is different and usually they do have a different feel to them. Can only guess it has to do with the personalities of each moderator, how objectively they oversee their site,and most importantly how well "the sum" of all it's members interact. This is a well done site mostly and is a comfortable place. Forum envy? Ahhhh.....most likely just plain old narrow fanboy stuff or wearing emotions on a shirt sleeve. (This whole internet thing is rift with it all and you do have to detach a bit or you'll just be seeing things with a skewed perspective and...reacting using it.) Treasure.net is one of the most popular sites for good reason. WORK done by all!

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My short experience with T-Net....

I love the What is it, and What is it worth threads! I haunt them constantly, and I have high speed internet and some pretty good searching skills when it comes to looking for things on the Internet, and I find it to be a challenge, and a very fun one at that.

I am not an expert in anything, yet I will attempt to find anything, especially if it is something that catches my eye. In doing so, I might post wrong information, or poor assumptions.

Never, not once, have I been flamed for doing so, in fact every time I have been corrected, I have been very politely told where I was wrong, with an explanation of why, and sometimes even a link to show me some identification pages. This right here is worth a lot to me.

I try to help, and there is nothing that will end someones attempts to help faster then telling them they are stupid, or just plain telling them that they are wrong without an explanation as to why you think they are wrong.

Almost every debate I have seen here has been civil. When I asked about metal detector brands when I first looked into buying one I was not spammed by various marketing people, I was not told, ours is better at this or that. In fact I was told Our metal detectors has been known to do better in this sort of terrain, where our competitors have been known to be better in another sort of terrain. Seems like an honest claim to me!

This forum would be nothing without the considerate people that frequent it, not just the hobbyist, but the manufacturers, the sells people, everyone. I can't wait until I get to a point where I can actually go out on a weekly basis and start really hunting.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been to lots of other treasure forums myself, none compare with T-nets format, atmosphere, and features, not to mention the mods and most of all the T-Net family of expert treasure hunters from all over the world.

T-Net has it all! :icon_sunny:

GG~

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too belong to a number of other forums, however seldom frequent those because of the quality on here. I enjoy the layout more and to me it has a classier look to it. It may not be perfect but it's the only one that I check on a daily basis.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I only belong to 2 forums and if it was 200 I think this hobby/sport needs to stick togeather... :laughing7:

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
YES! I think T-Net is the best. The basic concept that Marc established so far back I wasn't even on here. I became a member and found such a wealth of information (is there any subject without a board or thread of it's own) that I stopped visiting other sites because I always found what I was looking for here (at least for metal detecting). Occasionally went back if I wanted an item not currently listed in the classified, but essentially this became my online home.

The 'family' atmosphere is what keeps me here. The mods do such an excellent overall job that I rarely bump into something I find objectionable. Keeping this place family friendly has to be a long, hard, and almost thankless job, but they just keep on going. It takes special folks with a shared concern to do that job. My hat is off to them. Not that I haven't had my own posts deleted, because I have. Each time I was wrong.

Finally became a charter member in recent years. I found that I felt like I was actually helping support this great site. I've even gifted a membership here and there. Both for the folks involved and to assist the site.

I think it's a great site, and one I wouldn't hesitate to allow my grandchildren to join if they were interested in metal detecting.

I will no doubt continue to be a charter member here for as long as the site and I are both around. I'm betting it'll outlast me, too.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I'm still looking for that crystal ball that will show the way to the treasure.
Until then I'll have fun researching t-net and magazines for treasure and digging for it. Gold, treasure and rocks are my hobbies and I'm strickly in it for fun and maybe a little profit at times. I don't waste to much time with what magazines and equipment that I like over other stuff cause it's just to draining and time consuming to be that way.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean there are other treasure hunting/metal detecting forums out there? :dontknow:
Wow, you could have fooled me. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Variety is the spice of life and this place has it all. I'm a member at several other sites too, but I haven't logged in for so long I don't even remember my passwords. :icon_scratch:

Like an old hat... Tnet fits pretty good. :thumbsup:

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As diggemup said, I wasn't sure there were other forums available!

No seriously - any other forum I find through a search, only comes back with forums with real shallow discussion trees and stale discussions.

Visiting Treasure net is like walking in to a Ferrells and seeing 5 birthday parties versus some of the other forums, where I feel like I'm walking in to a south Alabama biker bar wearing a unicorn tee shirt!

T-Net, Yer the best! ;)

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I like this forum because, its the only forum I have not been booted from for hurting a mod's. feelings. LMAO

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found this site asked a few questions and got the right answers within a few minutes. i never looked for another site

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread