Forum is beginning to show some interesting Houston sites. Awesome!

Treasure-Diver

Feb 8, 2005
Houston, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE W/ SunRay X-1 Probe
BH Pioneer 505
Fisher Impulse UW Pulse Ind.
Fisher F2
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to comment on the few post about the old race tracks and abandoned neighborhoods. I know for myself it has been very frustrating trying to find any old sites to detect in and around Houston. I turn green with envy when I see guys from the eastern part of the U.S. and southern states posting great old silver coins and civil war items. I know no one wants to give away a great detecting site but it is great to see some interesting sites being posted. Keep up the good work fellow Texans! :thumbsup:

HH Everyone

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone asked where I saw the photo. Back about 10 years ago I went to the Houston Library downtown to the old building where the archives are kept. I was digging around through their stuff and saw a lot of old photos of Houston and made copies of qutie a few. The place is a great place to locate older buildings, etc.

I also happend to see that the old Bland Cadillac place had a lot of very old homes just behind it to the west. Went there and they were tearing them down. I found my oldest coin, a 1799 Mex 2 Reales. Along with quite a few older pennies and nickles, but no US silver.

As for old homesites (and the owner would not let me detect around it), there is an old home, built in 1866, standing on Budde Cemetary road, just about 600 yds south of Louetta on the right hand corner. Has the original kitchen, and barn out to the west.

Another place to check out is the old store that was on the nw corner of Old Bammel road and Hardy. The store and house above it was moved to about 500 yds west of the house on Budde road, and totally re-done.

And one more. Behind the Old Spring Cafe in the parking areas of Old Town Spring. I found my oldest (in the Houston area) US silver there, an 1855 seated dime.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Hey Treasure diver

Do you dive? If so do you own any underwater detecting equipment?

I have a hole I wanna dive soon, I am hoping to do an upgrade on all my dive equipment in the next few weeks. I know people have lost many things in there.

OP
OP
T

Treasure-Diver

Feb 8, 2005
Houston, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE W/ SunRay X-1 Probe
BH Pioneer 505
Fisher Impulse UW Pulse Ind.
Fisher F2
Shaw,

Hi. Yes I do dive and have all of my own equipment including a 100 Cu Ft aluminum Tank and Fisher Impulse underwater detector. How deep is the site your are we talking about? Hopefully shallow so you can maximize bottom time. If you get your equipment upgraded maybe we could check it out sometime.

HH
Frank

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
It very low vis but only about 10' -15' deep. There is some current but should not pose a huge problem. Like I said before its been a swimming hole for years back in the woods so I am almost certain no one has checked it.

I dive water tanks from time to time and have a job coming up soon, I will be upgrading then.

I will keep ya posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread