Forum Rules Question

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
Not to be snooty and nark any one out but i have a question. I tried to find an answer but cant so i go to the general public you guys for an answer. Are we allowed to advertise for OUR COMPANY or any other COMPANY if we are not CHARTER MEMBERS or DEALERS? Because to me jewlerdaves last post was clearly advertising by adding a link to his own COMPANY's website. I want to know is this an acceptable way of advertising per say MY COMPANY?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://forum.treasurenet.com/rules
By the way... if you didn't want to narc anyone out you wouldn't have called another member out by name. You would have just asked- I tried to find an answer but cant so i go to the general public you guys for an answer. Are we allowed to advertise for OUR COMPANY or any other COMPANY if we are not CHARTER MEMBERS or DEALERS? I want to know is this an acceptable way of advertising per say MY COMPANY?

Maybe you should rephrase your question if this was your TRUE intent. Think about it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alaskanfever said:
You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization.
Doesn't mention advertise

and i'll repeat myself...Maybe you should rephrase your question if this was your TRUE intent. Think about it.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
......Maybe you should rephrase your question if this was your TRUE intent. Think about it.

Maybe he doesn't want to, or maybe he isn't going to let you bully him into it. Either way, you gave him the link, now run along.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at the post and don't see anything wrong with that post. He mentioned his website, which by the way, folks have the option of adding to their profile.

If one were to start a thread saying "come check out my item for sale at my website" I'd view that as a "Classified Ad" which is Charter only. Multiple posts may be viewed as Spam. Advertising Spam via Private Messages is not allowed.

You can post a "Treasure Related" link here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,40.0.html

Also, you'll notice that lots of folks have links to their sites and even other forums in their signature line and/or profile information to the left of their posts or even in their user name.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CardsNCoins said:
diggummup said:
......Maybe you should rephrase your question if this was your TRUE intent. Think about it.

Maybe he doesn't want to, or maybe he isn't going to let you bully him into it. Either way, you gave him the link, now run along.
What are you his momma, cause you sure aint mine.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
diggummup said:
CardsNCoins said:
diggummup said:

The guy asked a legit question. No need to be a jerk.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImpurestStewart said:
diggummup said:
CardsNCoins said:
diggummup said:

The guy asked a legit question. No need to be a jerk.
First of all, nobody tells me to "run along," i'm not his child (hence my reply). I'm not trying to "bully" anyone as he puts it. I've stated my thoughts toward this post. If you think i'm a jerk then so be it, i've been called worse.
There is no need to "call out" any member on this forum in regards to whether or not his posting reply is breaking forum rules. His question could have been asked without naming names. To me that is a planned and calculated move to try and discredit someone, especially when the post starts with "Not to be snooty and nark any one out but i have a question," and then goes on to name another member.
I'm sure jewelerdave could care less about any of this, but he could have named ANY member (including you) and I would have done the same. Yes, the question is a legitimate one and as I have stated (several times over) no names were necessary or needed. Have a nice day.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
alaskanfever said:
Not to be snooty and nark any one out but i have a question. I tried to find an answer but cant so i go to the general public you guys for an answer. Are we allowed to advertise for OUR COMPANY or any other COMPANY if we are not CHARTER MEMBERS or DEALERS? Because to me jewlerdaves last post was clearly advertising by adding a link to his own COMPANY's website. I want to know is this an acceptable way of advertising per say MY COMPANY?

Of course I mention my services in my posts, its good business and I dont like seeing other members getting ripped off.

I try to be a quality member on these forums by adding useful and good information and help people out and there are always a few people who have a major problem with it.

Considering most of what I do is treasure related, helpful to others and not some stone cold advertisement or spam. And Considering other members mention and use others for other services as well. Mention of services and products and web sites is totally ok. I don't spam the boards. I dont twist anyone's arms. I voice my opinions, practice my first amendment Rights. Why some people want to restrict that I dont know.

If you have a problem with me and mention of my professional services while why not talk to me directly about it, instead of posting a taddle-tale-ish topic about it. people are so non confrontational now days.

plenty of others on this site mention and recommend me for what I do. Plenty of people also advertise other companies like saying they use X metal detector or sell gold to X company etc. If others can recommend others why cant I show what I do myself?

In the years I have been posting it has never been a problem to post links to sites that offer products or services so long as its not spam.
I just want people to know what I do because it is useful to many and its cool and its related to what we do. I have always stood behind members and helped them, given them better rates and taken care of them. I help them because they help me. Its what people are supposed to do.

Maybe this guy cant figure out the reason why he cant find any wrong doing in the rules is because there is nothing wrong with what I am doing. Why he is singling me out I dont know.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
As a side note, I have just returned here after being gone for several years. Back then, Dave always handled himself in a professional manner, being very low- key, courteous and insightful. I'm sure he still is to this day, because any fly-by-nights (and there are a few) aren't around for long...... we weed them out pretty quick around here. Kudo's Dave- keep up the good work :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you posting again jeffro, it's been a while, no? :icon_scratch: I remember you and I have even "sparred" or disagreed in the past, but the respect was/is always there. That's what this forum is about, mutual repect among the members. No need for someone to call me or infer that I am a jerk or a bully because I disagree with his post and it's implications. As for your comments pertaining to jewelerdave, I agree. He is a respected member and an asset to the forum, I can't say the same for certain others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread