Fossil found!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PeteyGirl and I did a daytrip yesterday to look for rocks. No interesting rocks but found a surprise fossil just east of Superior, AZ. I called it a mollusk but maybe it's a clam shell or muscle. TTC

(mussel?)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to go to the old Magma copper mine down there in Superior.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use to go to the old Magma copper mine down there in Superior.
We continued to Miami and Globe. LOTS of copper mining going on in the area. I accidently formatted the disc I used to take pics of Miami's historic district. Some buildings dated back to about 1900, maybe earlier. TTC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We continued to Miami and Globe. LOTS of copper mining going on in the area. I accidently formatted the disc I used to take pics of Miami's historic district. Some buildings dated back to about 1900, maybe earlier. TTC
Yeah them old towns sure must have plenty of stories from the glory years of mining down there. We deal with the contractors that did the shaft at the new body of copper being developed at the Resolution copper mine down that way. I don't ever go down there, as that's what my comrades down there in Mesa handle. I go over to another new developing underground copper mine being developed in Yerington Nevada.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool area Terry and a nice find!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the liberty of trying to ID Peteygirl's find. This photo is of a Anthracospirifer occiduus-2 brachiopod, from the Naco formation in central Arizona. The larger one is about 3 cm in size, slightly larger than hers. Pennsylvanian geologic period, which makes it around 300 million years old. spirifer.jpg

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the liberty of trying to ID Peteygirl's find. This photo is of a Anthracospirifer occiduus-2 brachiopod, from the Naco formation in central Arizona. The larger one is about 3 cm in size, slightly larger than hers. Pennsylvanian geologic period, which makes it around 300 million years old. View attachment 1708054
Very good of you to do the homework for PeteyGirl. She will be glad to hear it. TNX! We will have to go back and find more. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions