cap_005.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 283

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Don't see anything here. Need closeup photos. What is composition Limestone ? Where found?

futzman

May 29, 2005
Tulsa, OK
[
rustycoinUT said:
In the pics i can see toes or fingers. I think this is made of bone any help would be appreciated.

rustycoinUT

Take some higher resolution pictures with a ruler in the pic so we can get some idea of scale. I can't tell much about the object since they're a bit blurry and so little detail. Also, as bakergeol suggested some detail about composition and location of the find would be helpful. As a sidenote, however, fossil bone is generally dark and often will feel "sticky" to the touch.

Richard

OP
OP
rustycoinUT

rustycoinUT

May 13, 2005
Tulsa, ok
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys all I have is a web cam an old one at that. I found this in a dried up river bed in southern Utah on the Arizona border and I am very new to fossils and such so please bear with me. I have looked it over again and it looks like a very small animal or human whatever left this seems to have a broken toe left side of pic. Could this be ancient mans print? The print is 7 in long and 5 in wide . Thanks again

rustycoinUT

futzman

May 29, 2005
Tulsa, OK
rustycoinUT said:
Could this be ancient mans print? The print is 7 in long and 5 in wide . Thanks again
rustycoinUT

If it's rock (limestone, sandstone, etc) and it's definitely an animal print, then it's most certainly not from a man. I would suggest you take it to a local university and ask someone in the geology department to take a look. If you really, really think it's human, then ask someone in the anthropology department.

Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread