Found 1971-S IKE DDR-005!

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
UPDATE - this coin was graded 1971-S Eisenhower FS-801, PF69CAM by PCGS. There are very very records of this variety transacting. The last and only record I can find is from 2015 of a PF69DCAM (the nicest one known), which sold for $13,750 at auction, including buyers premium. Mine, being CAM and not DCAM will command a lesser price surely. Also, I don't know if the market for these is up or down because they don't really ever sell. My mind is set on down but we'll see.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
UPDATE - this coin was graded 1971-S Eisenhower FS-801, PF69CAM by PCGS. There are very very records of this variety transacting. The last and only record I can find is from 2015 of a PF69DCAM (the nicest one known), which sold for $13,750 at auction, including buyers premium. Mine, being CAM and not DCAM will command a lesser price surely. Also, I don't know if the market for these is up or down because they don't really ever sell. My mind is set on down but we'll see.

If you ever do sell it, feature it in a Heritage Auction such as the one at the FUN convention in January. It would be tempting to sell it yourself via eBay, but you are limiting your audience of potential buyers. Buyers who are looking for coins valued at 8-10K don't shop on eBay. They have buyer agents to procure their coins for their collection to maintain their privacy and autonomy. These buyer agents will only look at national ANA featured shows/auctions.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
If you ever do sell it, feature it in a Heritage Auction such as the one at the FUN convention in January. It would be tempting to sell it yourself via eBay, but you are limiting your audience of potential buyers. Buyers who are looking for coins valued at 8-10K don't shop on eBay. They have buyer agents to procure their coins for their collection to maintain their privacy and autonomy. These buyer agents will only look at national ANA featured shows/auctions.

DD - That's the same advice the folks on the IKEgroup had. I called Heritage a few days ago and am pretty well set on getting it into the FUN auction in January. Being such an oddity I don't know what it'll bring but I'm excited to find out.

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread