found 1k in halves today

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
i haven't been back inside the bank that's in the grocery store where i work, but last saturday a lady at the drive thru in another bank told me to come back during the week and that i could probably get some halves inside the bank. i stopped by today after riding around scoping places to md when i get my detector in, and going to wal mart for some baseball cards. i went in the bank and asked a teller if she had any halves. i didn't talk to the head teller, but i kind of made eye contact with her and smiled and stuff first. the teller i talked to told me they had about a thousand dollars worth in the vault from people cashing them in. i got forty dollars worth, because that is all of the cash i had left on me. 0 keepers, but all 4 of the rolls had different names and phone numbers on them, so there has to be some silver in that bank somewhere. tomorrow is payday, so i'll have to go back and buy them out. it will take a few trips, but with any luck, i'll have a few keepers by the weekend. keep your fingers crossed for a dream roll for me.
later
have a nice day : )
cliff

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Please ask your bank to mark out the names or account numbers before they sell them to you. No one needs their personal info given out. Just a tip from someone who is still recovering from identity theft. Good luck with that big stash. I hope you find 920 keepers. Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I wish you luck man! I hope they aren't just a few big dumps and only a few random people rolls.

Man... would be sick if there were a few old people around there who dump off some halves now and again and its added up till now.

Could be a HUGE hoard there.

Really look forward to hearing what you end up with!

Keep us posted!

~Dave

OP
OP

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
ended up being $770.00 of clad halves. on one of my trips from bank to bank, i searched through 250 1 dollar bills and found my first 2 star notes. how low is a low numbered bill? There was one with 2 zeros at the beginning, not a star note though. the note i kept has 05198588*. i gave the other one to my mom for driving me around town.
so much for halves for a while around here any way.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Grats on the star notes and sorry about the lack of silver =(

Must have been someone's dumps.

As far as the low numbered bills. It depends. Lower the better obviously, and with that, the more zeros the better.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread