Found 1st Ring

Dice414

Mar 3, 2014
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this ring today along with some clad coins. Not sure if it has any value. It read a 99 on the ATP and has the number 825 on the inside band.

ring1.JPG ring2.JPG

Upvote 13

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! A jewelry find is always a good find, how deep was it?

MDVagabond8

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. How long did it take you? I cant wait to find my first ring

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, took me over 5 years to find my first ring. Plenty more to come for you!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first ring ! Looks to be sterling ! I am sure it's only the first of many to come !
Glen

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver...sure its not .925?...congrats.

OP
OP
Dice414

Dice414

Mar 3, 2014
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDinutah, I found it about 4 in's deep.

MDVagabond8, I been detecting for about 2 months, man did I get lucky! Hope you find one soon, gl & HH.

Lookindown & park pirate, you guys are right. I looked closer and it is .925, it also has 9 diamonds of 20 it had originally, WOW.

I am beyond happy, thank you all for looking, glad I could share it! Gl & HH to all!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Very nice first silver ring! I got a little excited when you said 825 I was thinking white gold!

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD, Deus Xp, tecknetics gamma, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Thats your first ring, you done good, very good, great find:notworthy:

Mar 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lovely Ring! I'm not able to tell from your pics, but does the ring look like it's missing a few stones? I'm only asking because, at least from what I can see, the stones that are present resemble "Marcasite."

Marcasite Jewelry - Marcasite jewelry has been around for centuries, with early examples discovered in Incan ruins and Egyptian tombs. Marcasite was thought to have therapeutic properties and was often used as a healing stone. Many cultures also believed marcasite would attract wealth and inspire creativity.

It was during Queen Victoria's reign that marcasite jewelry gained great popularity. After her husband died, Queen Victoria donned only dark clothing and jewelry to symbolize her widowhood, and the masses followed suit. Marcasite brooches were a Victorian favorite, as well as lockets, cameos and earrings.

OP
OP
Dice414

Dice414

Mar 3, 2014
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lovely Ring! I'm not able to tell from your pics, but does the ring look like it's missing a few stones? I'm only asking because, at least from what I can see, the stones that are present resemble "Marcasite."

Marcasite Jewelry - Marcasite jewelry has been around for centuries, with early examples discovered in Incan ruins and Egyptian tombs. Marcasite was thought to have therapeutic properties and was often used as a healing stone. Many cultures also believed marcasite would attract wealth and inspire creativity.

It was during Queen Victoria's reign that marcasite jewelry gained great popularity. After her husband died, Queen Victoria donned only dark clothing and jewelry to symbolize her widowhood, and the masses followed suit. Marcasite brooches were a Victorian favorite, as well as lockets, cameos and earrings.

HungarianHuntress, it's obvious I'm no jewelry expert. Some who have seen it personally said diamond, but I'm with you, looks a lot like marcasite. Thanks for the educational info, very interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread