Found 2 Arrowheads today!

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Had a great day in the woods today with my sis & niece and I found 2 arrowheads! From what I can tell from research, I think one is a Basal-notched Marshall projectile point and the other I'm not too sure. Both have broken parts on them and aren't perfect, but I was so excited to find them! The basal-notched one in the first picture was found in a creek bank where we were finding lots of flint and decided to dig back into the bank. I found it about 20" below ground level and 3" deep into the bank. It's a beautiful deep reddish color. The 2nd arrowhead was found in a road right above a gravel bar and is light pink color. Both were found in Oklahoma. I'm just now learning some of the names and welcome any input as to what exactly they are called. Thanks & God Bless!

Attachments

• 004 (650x488).jpg
    004 (650x488).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 797
  • 054 (650x488).jpg
    054 (650x488).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 779
  • 005 (650x488).jpg
    005 (650x488).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 683
  • 008 (650x488).jpg
    008 (650x488).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 675
Upvote 0

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look good, Sis. :thumbsup:
Maybe Neanderthal will see these and can tell you for sure what the types are.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
cool! That's great bg99 :hello2: Thanks for the description of where you found the first one, I've eyed many banks just wondering what might be in there. Love that pink color, we got our biggest haul of flakes this past weekend, and that was it. but a co-worker found some things, and said she'll show me tomorrow, so maybe I can post them. Dang, we need some rain! :hello:

naturegirl

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
cool! That's great bg99 :hello2: Thanks for the description of where you found the first one, I've eyed many banks just wondering what might be in there. Love that pink color, we got our biggest haul of flakes this past weekend, and that was it. but a co-worker found some things, and said she'll show me tomorrow, so maybe I can post them. Dang, we need some rain! :hello:

naturegirl

Hey naturegirl, that bank-dig was tons of fun! What a thrill to pull that point out! We are definitely going back there again. There is a midden a little ways down the creek where we need to dig too. We do need some rain. You say you found lots of flint this weekend, well where there's smoke, there's fire. Maybe next time you'll find something good! Take care, bg99.

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey bg99,
Nice finds and insitu! :icon_thumleft: Keep on looking. Sounds like a good place...
buckshot

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Artitfacs!!! And pictures. Thanks for the post!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! Some really good hunters on here from OK. Maybe they can chime in on the types? Enjoyed your post and pictures.
Congrats!
TnMtns

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buckshot said:
Hey bg99,
Nice finds and insitu! :icon_thumleft: Keep on looking. Sounds like a good place...
buckshot
Thanks buckshot! It's an awesome place and we've gots lots more digging to do. I enjoyed seeing that piece you brought into the shop this evening.

Take care,
bg99

OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Nice finds ! Some really good hunters on here from OK. Maybe they can chime in on the types? Enjoyed your post and pictures.
Congrats!
TnMtns
Thanks TnMountains! That would be great to have more information from some of the experts. I haven't done much hunting since I was a kid and I am having a blast getting to go again and learn more about every piece I find.
Have a good evening,
bg99

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hi bg99! Finally have time to post this, Here's my 1/2 cent thought on your point. I looked through some books I have, and scanned a page for you. It "looks" like Big Creek, HOWEVER, when I was guessing that Id for one I found, Neanderthal said that type(Big Creek) doesn't really occur this far west, and he threw some names into the mix. so I don't know :dontknow: when I first started trying to Id them, I thought it would be easy if you had the right book, I've since learned there needs to be alot of experience in typing them and even then it maybe a bit subjective. Finding them is the most fun1 But I still try to figure out what they are. A lot of times I go back and and compare what I've found with the posts from sandcreek,of your Grandfather's frames, Neanderthal provided id's and lots of good info. here's the scan and the post of mine in which he mentions some likely types for us.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,341541.0.html

ng

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 696
OP
OP
beulahlandgirl

beulahlandgirl

Apr 14, 2010
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Hi bg99! Finally have time to post this, Here's my 1/2 cent thought on your point. I looked through some books I have, and scanned a page for you. It "looks" like Big Creek, HOWEVER, when I was guessing that Id for one I found, Neanderthal said that type(Big Creek) doesn't really occur this far west, and he threw some names into the mix. so I don't know :dontknow: when I first started trying to Id them, I thought it would be easy if you had the right book, I've since learned there needs to be alot of experience in typing them and even then it maybe a bit subjective. Finding them is the most fun1 But I still try to figure out what they are. A lot of times I go back and and compare what I've found with the posts from sandcreek,of your Grandfather's frames, Neanderthal provided id's and lots of good info. here's the scan and the post of mine in which he mentions some likely types for us.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,341541.0.html

ng
Hey naturegirl! Thanks for taking the time to post all the info for me! I'm just learning and I appreciate everyone's input. Can't wait to get back out now that we had a good rain! Thanks again, bg99

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions