Found 2 GOLD!! ........Well sorta......... ( 2 pics )

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
.......I had a friend call me last Friday evening in a frantic mood. His wife had just lost her wedding band & engagement ring at the same time on their farm. They looked for them till 11pm the evening before. :-[
They even went to Walmart & bought a detector to try to find them. ( No luck with it either...I understand why there ) The wife then remembered that I love to detect & asked the husband to give me a call. I told them I could make it Monday evening to look for them. Well, I took the baby Tesoro detector because I figured the rings would be lying on top of the ground & it be a great/easy machine to use.

I searched the pumpkin patch where she 1st thought they were lost. Nada. Nope, no rings were found there. ???

She told me that slinging straw out for the goats was a possibility too. I searched in that area for a while & we gave up there too. While walking back to the truck to put the detector away, she was sooo heartbroken about the loss, she almost was ready to cry. :'(

.....I asked here if there was any other area where she spent time that dreadful evening. Yes, she said, in the building where I feed the sheep. I remember throwing some straw in that area. We walked in there & she told me that area has a rubber floor & they searched there earlier with no luck.

I tried anyway & guess what I heard on the 2nd sweep across the floor?? Yep, the detector screamed out & I told her that sound is the type we are looking for. Both of us saw the engagement ring at the same time. :)

She was elated!! YES! Success!! She even joked to my daughter ( Sandy ) would you mind if I kissed your dad?? Hmmm, never been kissed by a blonde before & I almost took up the challenge. LOL. :)

Anyway.....I stood up & took a swipe with the detector a foot to the left & guess what? It screamed again! Yes, the 2nd ring was found about 12" apart. She was soooooo happy because she was reunited with 2 rings she has had for 32 years.

Here's the rings found:

IM003355.jpg

The rings were found behind the gate on the left in the pic below........And...........here's the happy ringowner displaying her reunited rings & giving me a hug...She even has the same name as my daughter....Sandy:

IM003352.jpg

She want to pay me, told her we've known each other too long for that. Besides, a hug & that pretty smile is reward enough for me. :) :)

Yep, it's another pic for my scrapbook.....that is plenty reward enough..........see ya mark

[attachment deleted by admin]

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a great story I am so glad you were able to recover them for her.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Great Finds Mark. Nothing like a good hug and a great smile. I am sure that she is glad you metal detect and was willing to help her out.
HH.
Roy

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing much else to add but...YOU did GUD.. Love that smile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions