Found 27c today in 3 hours.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I'm not going to post photos and take up bandwidth for common coins. Nothing earth-shattering. No meteorites either.

Hunted a c. 1921 high school for 3 hours today, from 1pm to 4pm. Am still leaning my new machine, but getting better at it.

I like digging trash, although with my White's Coinmaster Pro it is tiresome. The majority of signals today came from tiny metal bands still attached to pencils and erasers. Since most of these came from near the entrance of the school, it almost seems a school tradition to break the erasers off pencils and toss them on the front lawn: at least 30 of these, sometimes clustered together, but never with more than the eraser and band on them. No Wheaties. No silver. No jewelry.

2 dimes from the 1990's. Less than 20 years old. 8 pennies, including a 1991 Canadian that appears to still have mint luster on it. About a week ago, found a penny from the Bahamas and an elongated cent from the Disneyland Motel.

On another note, found a couple of post 1982 zinc pennies which were well-corroded already. One was only a copper shell of its former self, almost like copper foil. Anyone else finding these artifacts of pennies? Just curious.

Upvote 0

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bandwidth isn't an issue anymore unless you are on dial-up. Keep at it you'll be finding the good stuff in no time!

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Alabamared said:
Where I hunt, 27 cents is a banner day!
If I get the right 27 cents, it would be a banner day.

Couple years ago wrote an article for Western & Eastern Treasures. Got a reply from a guy ... east of me. <grin> He found an old miner's lunch box with many early coins from an early coin collector in it. Included were his first gold coins. But the other coins were equally spectacular: 5 1793 Half Cents and 5 1793 Cents. Look 'em up. These probably would have graded AU or better. Had been buried for at least 100 year when found in the 1990's. The person who buried them knew what he was doing: wrapped in oilcloth inside the lunchbox.

Sickening! So I'm not going to mention the 10 Continental Dollars in the same lunchbox. You'll just have to use your imagination.

$10.075 face value. Worth what now?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread