Found 2nd coin.. then lost it. Have picture.

DaneMom

Dec 27, 2014
Salisbury
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Garrett Pinpointer

AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
****Update I found it :-) Picture on 2nd page

I am ordering me a pouch tonight! The first signal I got I dug a 2000 Susan B. Anthony. I think that is what it was. It said one dollar on the back , so I assume that is what it is. Then I proceeded to lose it. UGH!!! Oh, well at least my first love is photography . So, I have a picture of it! 10153131_10152827309396724_8908912211895911998_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahh yes, that happens a lot unfortunately, I almost lost a 1794 Spanish 1/2 reale that same way!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lost a silver coin of a type I haven't found before or since and I was using a pouch lol. I didn't get a pic though, boohoo.

SW Iowa Digger

Apr 12, 2015
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 9" 7.5 KHZ coil 9" 3 KHZ coil Minelab pro find pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I make my first "keeper" find on a hunt I always make sure to zip pouch closed every time sorry for your loss but hunt and you can recover it again

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about the loss, easy come easy go. Now you have the opportunity to find it again. I use a nail apron and need to buy a new one. The current one is 1 year old and used during approx. 600 hrs of detecting. A new nail apron can be had for 73 cents.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always go back and find it again. LOL

sideshowbob

Jun 21, 2013
I use two old pill bottles when I hunt. One for clad and the other is stuffed with paper towels for those special recoveries. Works great. They fit neatly into your pouch too.

OP
OP
D

DaneMom

Dec 27, 2014
Salisbury
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Garrett Pinpointer

AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be a Sacagawea Dollar. SBA dollars weren't minted in 2000

Yes! You are correct! I have never heard or seen one before that is why I assumed Susan B. Now, I am really torn up. lol lol

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dumb ass found a 1940 and 1947 Jefferson nickel and started carrying them in my left pocket with my change to remove the black patina naturally. It was working pretty good. Didn't have my glasses one night at the barbecue place and spent the '40, so ever so brilliantly started carrying the '47 in my right pocket with my keys. A few days later, it was pulled out with my keys and lost as well. Idiot! Well, at least I learnt my lesson before I found my first V and Buffalo the other day.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain, DaneMom. I found an 1805 Draped Bust large cent, and lost it somehow after I got it home. I have no idea where it went. I have searched high and low. Its been at least fifteen years ago, and it still pisses me off.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You sacrificed a clad coin to the coin gods and they'll reward you with older , silver coins

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. There's a lot more out there, Don't let it brother you.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep at it DaneMom , theres definitely more clad out there !!!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember hunting a field one day and looking down after running some grids and saw a set of car keys in the tall grass. Mine. Decided to clip them onto my tore up diggin cargo shorts and kept on going.30 minutes later I found a cell phone, again mine.Both pockets had huge holes in them and unknown to me, the keys had fallen out of one pocket, my phone out of the other. I obviously had too much faith in my many pockets:laughing7:

OP
OP
D

DaneMom

Dec 27, 2014
Salisbury
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Garrett Pinpointer

AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I went back today to see if I could find it. NO... of course not! Only I can find a coin 6 inches under the ground and NOT on top!
Bless! But I went to Lowes today I got me a pouch and a bigger shovel. Now, if I can just get rid of this poison oak. ha ha ha

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dumb ass found a 1940 and 1947 Jefferson nickel and started carrying them in my left pocket with my change to remove the black patina naturally. It was working pretty good. Didn't have my glasses one night at the barbecue place and spent the '40, so ever so brilliantly started carrying the '47 in my right pocket with my keys. A few days later, it was pulled out with my keys and lost as well. Idiot! Well, at least I learnt my lesson before I found my first V and Buffalo the other day.

Putting on a pair of shorts yesterday, and lo and behold, the '47 was in my right pocket. So, I guess this would upgrade me to halfwit?

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finding those dollar coins! Better than digging 100 penny holes !Just back track and you will refind that coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread