found 3 cellar holes today,what`s the best

strawbfan

Sep 4, 2003
Utica NY
Detector(s) used
Mnelab Safari ,Garrett Ace250
found 3 cellar holes today,what`s the best method of searching?I have never done a cellar hole before,I didn`t have much time today to search I`ll be going back next sunday.I don`t think any of the 3 have ever been searched with a md before,I was finding some decent stuff,and some of it was pretty sizeable,like a spoon and what I think is a thing to put out candles.I found a penny ,but need to clean it to see a date.Any suggestions on where the best places to look would be great thanks in advance

Upvote 0

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hi, I always do cellar holes by looking at the layout. See if you can tell where the front door/ rear doors were. If there were any out buildings i.e. barns, well house, chicken coup. You need to "become the homeowner", to have it make sense sometimes. Each is different, but always seem to work the same. Good luck, HH
Greg

TOWcritter

Go easy on the penny! Don't clean it until you look it over carefully. If it is old, you may damage it or otherwise harm the value by cleaning it. If in doubt ask a pro. There are quite a few knowledgable coin people on this forum who would be able to answer any questions for you. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions