Found 35 Cents Yesterday....

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith, a buddy from over at http://www.coinhunting.net/ let me tag along on Saturday to a new spot that he had just recently found last weekend. He found 57 coins there last weekend, with the newest being 1890. Not a bad spot, eh? haha

The finds weren't as sweet as his were last weekend, but they were still nice.

The finds were few and far between, about one an hour or so, but when you got a signal you had a pretty good chance of it being something good! :)

I finished the day with the following:

2 1881 Indian Head Cents
No Date Shield Nickel
1867 Shield Nickel
1841-O Seated Liberty Dime
1872 Seated Liberty Dime
1852 Silver 3-Cent Piece w/ a hole in it.
Old Flat button

He got the following:
1834 Bust Half Dime
1849 Half Dime
1853 Large Cent
1940something coin the size of a quarter from Portugal, haha.

We were hunting a field and little bit in someone's front yard. The house was built in the 1950s or 60s, thus the 1940s coin being there.

So my firsts for the day were:

1st Silver 3-Cent, 1st O Mint Mark, 1st Coin with a hole in it, and I also got my oldest US Coin in the 1841-O Seated Dime.

12-02-06.JPG

12-02-06-2.JPG

Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Sweet finds. 57 coins all in the 1800's?!!! Wow. My kinda spot. An hour for a good coin - I'd do that. ;D ;D

Nate was just telling me that we need to step it up next year. We are going to have to come up with some spots like this.

Congratulations on some great finds Brian.

Bob

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Great batch of old coins.

Gonna be hard to return the favor.

HH Jer

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, very nice hual

HH
-GC

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
wow dude,,congrads on the firsts,, ya never forget where they came from,,,,, ;D ;D ;D
i'm with nate and mirage,, gotta line up some older sites for next year.. good man for taking ya.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Awesome digs. Now that is a sweet old pile of finds. All but the portugal coin are older than any find I have. Love them seated coins. Great patience. Great reward. Wouldn't mind at all targets few and far between when they are those finds.

Major Congrats that is sure an awesome pile of finds. And many great firsts.

Postalrevnant

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day, great coins! Tsgman

D

doyboy

Holy shit, Brian, you hit the jackpot! What kind of site is it? Were you in a farmfield? Way to go, bud, you kicked some serious a$$! I just hit my 52nd IH for the year, where are you at?

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and I thought I had a good weekend with 64 clad coins and a sterling ring...........

Way to go!!!!

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doyboy said:
Holy #@!$%#@!, Brian, you hit the jackpot! What kind of site is it? Were you in a farmfield? Way to go, bud, you kicked some serious a$$! I just hit my 52nd IH for the year, where are you at?

It was a campground that began in the 1850s I'm told. And then around 1891 or 2 we think it was moved somewhere else where it was used until the 1940s. So that spot could be even more loaded than this one.

It is a freshly field of winter wheat with the soy bean stalks still there to about 4" high. So we had to hunt with our coil pretty high off of the ground to make these finds. Some were an inch deep, others were 5-6". Then in the spring they are cutting the wheat and turning it into a cow pasture and won't be plowing it anymore.

I live far away from it though so probably won't ever have another chance to hunt it.

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
I had a dream last night that I was climbing some mountain and I found a really old campsite where there was silverware, and a bunch of scattered really old coins. Then later I looked down and saw a penny and it happened to be an IH, and under it were handfuls of old and rare coins. Then I woke up. I was liking the dream too! :P

Your finds reminded me of that! ;D Very nice!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread