billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at the local gas convenience store on a really rare whim to play a Lotto ticket. It's after 5:00 p.m. on a Friday and all the pumps are being used by people trying to get home for a restful weekend. So, I found room to park at the end of the building. About three steps before getting to the entry door, there on the concrete, was a folded $10 bill.

I bent down, picked it up, and entered five or six steps into the store. There were four or five people in line at the counter. One was a fellow holding some $1 bills in his hand down beside his leg. I overheard the last part of his voice as he said, ".....just a minute, I must have dropped some of it."

As he headed toward me and the door, I caught his eye and asked him, "Did you lose some money?" I said, "Yeah, it...... it was $10."

I just raised my hand, handed him the folded bill, and smiled as I said, "I found it about three steps outside the front door."

He said, "Man,.......... thank you" as he turned around and walked back to the counter to pay for what little gas he'd put in his truck. I was busy marking my Lotto ticket numbers. All I heard was a voice as he apparently made it a point to walk pass me, and in a sigh of relief he said,
"Thanks again, Man."

Out of five tries, the Lotto ticket only had one correct number, but it was the tone in his voice that was my reward...

Bill

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! As a long-time Scouter, I can say, that was your " good deed for the day." :icon_thumleft:

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and I are also scouting people cub scouts 13 years and boy scouts 15 years (we ran them actually). Lot of good mottos! I love to read the posts of people giving back (where applicable). That guy was probably down to his last bit of money. Been there done that.

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello and God Bless you :angel7: It is acts of kindness and integrity like this that will always come back to you. Sleep well my friend, you deserve it :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i was in scouts for 3 years b4 my parents split up now i am back in it with my son we have done bobcat badge wolves ,bear and in 3 weeks we will have our blue and gold banquet and he will be in webelos 1 i have been his den leader all the way so far it is a journey and i am also a merit badge counselor and will be teaching a almost lost art to these boys real wilderness survival skills cant wait my son will be with me this summer so he will get the feel for scout camp b4 he is a scout i am having a blast doing it .

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olepossum said:
i was in scouts for 3 years b4 my parents split up now i am back in it with my son
I have a daughter and when she was younger she did the brownie thing. It really didn't thrill her.

So at about 4th-5th grade we started in 4H it is mostly about animals and being a good citizen. She loved it. Lots of different animal projects and in her last two years she raised two sheep. (and we live in the city) She is now in her third year of college majoring in vetrinary animal science.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread