Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought it was funny. I'm camping with the fam at a campground in central Pennsylvania. I'm not sure how old this place is but whomever's camped here has lost a lot of coins. Ill bet I'm getting 2 coins per square foot. It's keeping my two youngest happy. One runs the pinpointer, the other the digger.

Have a great weekend - enjoy summer!
Joe

Upvote 0

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a few on the ground around town here. The foreigners bring them to college and try to pass them as quarters. There's worth about 2 bucks so if u live where there's a exchange bank u can exchange them.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome man its great getting the kids involved digging for coins/jewelry whatever makes em happy

OP
OP
V

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was an interesting find. I'm still getting skunked though. I've been MDing since February and haven't found any old coins other than pennies. I've found at least 15 from 1909 (not the rare one) to 1958. Last week me and the youngest (5 yr old) hunted a creek for the first time. 2 minutes in and we had a '38 wheatie. Not one silver piece though. When I found this 10 yen I though, for a minute, my luck changed. Oh well, I'm going to keep looking. Te odds favor me stumbling upon silver. Some day.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'll come man no worries research some old spots & even the ones u go to now go to the more harder areas to hunt where brush is or even the pricker bushes, a lot of detectorist newer guys go for the easier spots & end up leaving those harder ones out, u never know till ya try

OP
OP
V

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to post a video tomorrow of us detecting a place that is literally full of trash and still the AT Pro can snoop out the coins. I'm very impressed. The camping spot we're at has had the fire ring moved to just about every pace it could be over the years. Tons of melted aluminum all over throwing high readings of 65-90. There is so much change in the dirt that all three of my boys are digging. I think we've got close to $6 and its mostly pennies. Lol.

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that is where I'm going camping in two weeks, leave some for me, hh

OP
OP
V

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that is where I'm going camping in two weeks, leave some for me, hh

Ha ha, we searched only 3 sites and dug about 65 coins total. My kids were on cloud nine and didn't have a second to get distracted. There wasn't anything old but, wow, there sure was quantity. Lol. I did some quick research and it looks like the campground was built sometime in the 60's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread