Found a 1968 Chevy Nova and probably enough money to pay for it.

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also 2 hearts, a bullet and a piece of some kind of lock in the park.
100_7102.JPG 100_7103.JPG

The larger heart has Sheila engraved on it and the small one was a piece of
a locket i believe. It has an anchor and USN on it. No doubt it probably belonged
to a sailor's sweet heart.

Upvote 9

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds... Congrats

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Show better pics of the Nova. If it's one of the older Hot wheels with red line tires you may very well have found a great score worth much more than all the other stuff combined.... Here is a 67 Camaro for reference. But.. keep in mind too that most of them have been reproduced in recent years. I don't know how to tell the difference. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ORI...85124?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item461d0cbe44

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yard Digger

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show better pics of the Nova. If it's one of the older Hot wheels with red line tires you may very well have found a great score worth much more than all the other stuff combined.... Here is a 67 Camaro for reference. But.. keep in mind too that most of them have been reproduced in recent years. I don't know how to tell the difference. Vintage Original Hot Wheels 1967 Custom Camaro Redline Light Green Antifreeze US | eBay

100_7113.JPG 100_7115.JPG

Thanks NHB, as you can see here it does have red line tires. But probably a reproduction because underneath
is stamped a copyright "2003 Mattel, Inc.

OP
OP
Yard Digger

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and great color for a Nova of that year.
Thanks for looking NBY. Yeah it is a nice color. Wish I had a blow up size setting in my driveway. It'll make my driveway look pretty. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Yard Digger

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks norbyx.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
View attachment 966519 View attachment 966520

Thanks NHB, as you can see here it does have red line tires. But probably a reproduction because underneath
is stamped a copyright "2003 Mattel, Inc.
Bummer. I see one majoy difference that stands out right away too between that and the originals. The old ones have a bright Silver colored metal base and the rivets are different. Cool car though. I agree a real one would be cool to have. I happen to have a real 67 Camaro in the garage. Fun stuff.

OP
OP
Yard Digger

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer. I see one majoy difference that stands out right away too between that and the originals. The old ones have a bright Silver colored metal base and the rivets are different. Cool car though. I agree a real one would be cool to have. I happen to have a real 67 Camaro in the garage. Fun stuff.
You're fortunate to have one. Back in '74 a friend and I used to run around Yuma, Az and San Diego and all in between in a '69 Camaro SS 396. It was clean as a whistle inside and out. Yellow exterior w/black interior and convertible top. We thought we were pretty cool driving around in that. At least we felt cool; even in 115 degree weather. It was his car, but I drove it almost as much as he did. Sometimes we'll swap cars to impress the girls we dated. I had a 67 Mustang.
Now look here NHB, you got me going on my old and more careless days.:laughing9: Thanks for the info on these hotwheels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread