🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: found a 2001 gold looking coin

crazyjarhead said:
Received it back for change as a quarter. Says liberty on the front and has an eagle on the back. Looks like an indian girl on the front. Never seen one before. People say it is fake, and not gold or gold filler. Any ideas? Or should I just throw it away??

Sacagawea Dollar?

If you are going to throw it away I'll PM you my address. ;D :wink:
-MM-

Attachments

• Sac dollar.jpg
    Sac dollar.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 524
OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sorry about the pic stargazr, but Modern Miner has the right pic. As far as sending it, that's half the postage and gas to the post office rules that option out. So, is it gold or what? Is it only worth a buck like it says? I've never seen one and although it looks authentic, I have no idea. I know everyone wants to see pictures as well as me, but I have windows 98 era computer and son is the one who does the photo bucket, etc. I'm just a "stupid baby boomer" ::) Bottom line, what's it worth?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crazyjarhead said:
Sorry about the pic stargazr, but Modern Miner has the right pic. As far as sending it, that's half the postage and gas to the post office rules that option out. So, is it gold or what? Is it only worth a buck like it says? I've never seen one and although it looks authentic, I have no idea. I know everyone wants to see pictures as well as me, but I have windows 98 era computer and son is the one who does the photo bucket, etc. I'm just a "stupid baby boomer" ::) Bottom line, what's it worth?

Unfortunately, they are only worth $1.00. They came out in 2000 and are mostly made of copper.
Hope that helps.
They sure throw people off when you try to spend them too. ;D :thumbsup:
-MM-

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Info from redbook: Designers Glenna Goodacre (obverse), Thomas D. Rogers Sr. (reverse) Weight 8.1 grams;
Composition, pure copper core, outer layers manganese brass (.770 copper, .120 zinc, .070 manganese, and .040 nickel)
diameter 26.5 mm.

HH,
Donny

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your Sacagawea still had its gold coler, it hadn't been in the ground too long.  I've found 4 of them so far this year, and they've all came out of the ground about the same color as a copper penny.  They're still a nice change of pace in that it's not a memorial penny.  Now, go find more.  :thumbsup:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the good luck-- :thumbsup:--That is a pretty coin.
Very few in circulation.

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Dug this one today.... First one I have found. In the ground that is...... Nice bit of luck on your part as well!!!

Attachments

• 100_1171.jpg
    100_1171.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 183

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions