Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jemsdca said:
The new teller sold them to me for 50 cents each. I told her “they are dollar coins”, she said that I was wrong... So I paid 7.50$ for 15 Ikes. Oh well, I like a trouble-free 100%+ profit, makes up for some of the short rolls.
I wonder if she paid some dumb customer $7.50 for them.

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
great find. You should tell her to give you a call when she gets some more in. ;D

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Lmao Thats too Funny...I had someone want to give me a dollar once thew a fast food joint for half dollars ;D I said no those are .50 cents lol

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Funny you should say this. I got 8 Ikes at the bank the other day and the teller said the customer told her they were halves, so she took the deposit at .50 each. When I asked for halves, she pulled them out and the other teller said, no, those are dollars! I told her she had to sell them to me at a discount, since she bought them at a discount! Too crazy.

OP
OP
J

jemsdca

Apr 13, 2007
Yeah I wonder is I can buy 100$ bills for 50$ each… 50% clearance day at the bank!!! yey

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
She may not have a job on Monday. You could take the dollar coins back and tell the head teller she made a mistake. Maybe they will be so appreciative, they will save silver coins for you.

Remember, what goes around, comes around.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Shame on you.................

ringding said:
She may not have a job on Monday. You could take the dollar coins back and tell the head teller she made a mistake. Maybe they will be so appreciative, they will save silver coins for you.

Remember, what goes around, comes around.
I have to agree with ringding. I just couldn't take advantage of someone and laugh it off. I would flip the coin over and show them where it says ONE DOLLAR. I attached a pic for reference. Isn't that how we learn about coins? By relying on each other for correct information? I hope so.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 246

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
:-[ It terrifies me to know that these people are handling my money---and getting paid for it! lol. Sweet find, though. I love those Ikes.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Gee whiz...it is funny enough that people do not know what a half-dollar is.

But that teller takes the cake!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too funny,sad but funny.Doesn't say much for our public school systems does it? Ridiculous to say the least.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is kinda funny though.

One day at work after I bought some Ike's at noon, I was looking at the dates at my desk and a coworker....mid twenty year old came by my office and was astonished.....she had never seen an Ike before. Thinking about it though you don't get them in change or anything like that so maybe to a younger non-bank person....yes....they could mistake it for something else but a bank employee should know....AW spelled it out....it is stamped on the coin.

Kinda makes you feel bad for the teller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread