jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today while searching a local river bank, I found these items in the same hole. I suspect they are a buckle and a button, but I'm not completely sure as it's the first of both that I have found. The area I was hunting once had a civil war Union base near by and there is an old trash dump within 50 yards of where these were found. Any help you could give me as far as exactly what they are and age would be excellent.

Thanks in advance and happy hunting.
2015-08-05 20.07.18.jpg 2015-08-05 20.07.18.jpg

Ok, so I couldn't get the pic of the buckle to download for some reason. I'll try do get it up loaded again

Upvote 1

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
O6 . YOU GOT A RARE ONE OF A KIND . CAN SLAW JEWELRY RING . MAN YOU CAN HARDLY FIND THEM ANYMORE .

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hiya Jaypop. Were you on the Cumberland? Lots of CW activity there, but in some areas the wild cane growing wouldn't even let you walk the banks...forget about swinging a detector!

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Old Dude... I was actually on the Ohio River on the Kentucky side. I've detected a lot down there and have found various things, but this is the first time I have ever found what I believe to be a button. It's a small one, so I'm thinking maybe a cuff button or something of the sort...

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading to shepardstown WV tomorrow. I have 5 acres of unswung CW area ground to swing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread