Found a cache of lead dredgin...To bad it wasnt gold!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummmm.... Maybe bullets that missed the last prospectors to hit that area? Just kidding of course. ;) If the lead is in the area and you're finding other signs then I'd think it's a safe bet that there's gold as well. But I'm not a dredger so what the heck do I know? I'd be happy with enough water to pan with in this area!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Get you a bucket, and save that lead, you will be shocked how fast it will add up, maybe cast some blocks for a weight belt, or sell for scrap.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guess you can feel good about pulling that lead out of the stream anyway. Chances are someone drinks water from that source and now there's less lead to get into the water supply :)

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was looking at lead weight belt weights not too long ago and was shocked at the prices. Save that lead, at the very least you might come across somebody that wants to buy it from you.

Get you a bucket, and save that lead, you will be shocked how fast it will add up, maybe cast some blocks for a weight belt, or sell for scrap.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,I used to do that....15 lbs a year recovered from Cali. and Oregons Precious water they want to love to death now....................

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My last few trips, I've been finding a bit of led sluicing, .22 rounds, fishing tackle, etc. Cleaning up the river, one round at a time!

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
I'd say send that picture to the California and Oregon legislators but it would probably cause them to stop all hunting and fishing too, instead of seeing one of the many good aspects of gold dredging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread