Found a cashe today

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
While I was out detecting around some old foundations that used to be an old AG farm, I found a huge tree stump in a clump of trees and thought that would be something to take a closer look at. When I got up close I noticed that it was hollow. Looking down inside I saw a metal box, that's when I really started to get excited. I reached in and pulled out an army ammo box (new style), and after giving it a good shake I could tell there was something in it. When I opened it up there were all kinds of trinkets, some beads, and a few toys along with a notebook and paper explaining that it was one of those Geosearch cashes. To make a long story short, I signed the book with the explaination of finding it by accident, and then placed it back in the stump. It had been there for 2 years as for as I could tell by reading the entries, the latest entry being 5-1-07. It wasn't the type of cashe I was looking for, but it was still pretty neat.

BigRon

May 22, 2007
Richmond Texas
Detector(s) used
, BH Lone Star, BH Pinpointer, Homebuilt BFO, Index finger
Hey, A find is a find. This beats the heck out of pulltabs! ;D

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtg Piggman,
glad to see ya back posting too.. cant wait to see more of your finds..

booty

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Its pretty cool to come up on one without knowing it.

I found one in Spring near a waterplant a few years ago and one with a magnet on the back of a stop sign in Tomball.

I signed them and threw in a goody each. If I remember correctly I put some certs in the ammo box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread