Found a chunk of silver at the thrift store today.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Well this is what I found. Mexican .925 sterling shot glass set on tray. Tray is about 96 grams and the glass are about 50 grams total. So 146 grams. Any experts give me a quick value on the sterling? It cost me $8.99 with military discount. I would like to sell for a premium because it looks cool but others have sold fairly low. If that's the case , I will hold it with all my other gold and silver for when it all goes up again. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425948753.441125.jpg

Also found this early eighties attempt at a bmx racer. This is how they did it before all the good parts were created or were affordable. Paid $20. Should be good for $125 -150. It has tuff wheels which are cool. Old Schwinn frame. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425948919.772207.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrap silver is about 50 cents a gram right now.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I built one of these bikes on a budget when i was a kid I believe this is a late 60's Schwinn Phantom frame Awesome and brings back many memories

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is what I found. Mexican .925 sterling shot glass set on tray. Tray is about 96 grams and the glass are about 50 grams total. So 146 grams. Any experts give me a quick value on the sterling? It cost me $8.99 with military discount. I would like to sell for a premium because it looks cool but others have sold fairly low. If that's the case , I will hold it with all my other gold and silver for when it all goes up again. View attachment 1129228

Also found this early eighties attempt at a bmx racer. This is how they did it before all the good parts were created or were affordable. Paid $20. Should be good for $125 -150. It has tuff wheels which are cool. Old Schwinn frame. View attachment 1129229

If the wheels are 20", you have a Standard sized stingray frame. Anything smaller would be the Scrambler frame. Check for a serial number on the rear dropout or head tube. The dropout marked ones are earlier while head tubes ones generally were done in the 70s. You can find serial number lists online quite easily

It would be worth more parted out since it's already a parts bike

OP
OP
vwayne1

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I usually part things out but I don't think this one would be worth parting. The wheels are selling for about 50-75. No good names on the rest of the parts except the chain ring. It's a tuff-neck. Hoping for the nostalgia sale on the whole thing. And preferring local. I hate boxing up bikes. Unless they are $500 and up.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were I, the silver would be stashed away. It may be down now, but its always easy to turn to cash anytime you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread