fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it is still in use ;D, i was prowling down a river when i came up on it, & I decided I had 'prowled' far enough in that direction, they had gotten as far off the road as they could, & still be near the river. :dontknow:
I saw old steps probably made by the CCC boys in the 30's near a beautiful water hole, dirt dauber nests, critter holes, etc...
Another beautiful day, much cooler after the front came through.
Also found where some 'forest Gremlins' had been piling rocks on a log. ::)
Fossis..............

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 502
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 496
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 494
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 503
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 493
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    466.7 KB · Views: 497
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 513
Neat pics, really like the mud dauber nest.

I was out today and saw a large hole in the side of a creekbank, looked big enough for a mountain lion so I left. :P

scotto said:
Neat pics, really like the mud dauber nest.

I was out today and saw a large hole in the side of a creekbank, looked big enough for a mountain lion so I left. :P

Thanks, we probably need us a 'fearless large dog', to go with us on our hunts. :thumbsup:

fossis.............

I loved those pictures..thanks for sharing..would love to see more too. :thumbsup:

Bootybay said:
I loved those pictures..thanks for sharing..would love to see more too. :thumbsup:

Thanks, i'll try to keep it up. :icon_sunny:

Fossis.............

TEXAN Connection said:
Good pics and a funny title. looks like some treasure map signs on the log

Thanks, I didn't notice that, I guess some local kids were playing there.

Fossis............

Nice day out and nice pics. Believe I would have backed out of that first one too, as many places in Little Dixie they don't respond real well to unexpected visitors that far back in the woods!

packerbacker said:
What is that other "flag"?
You didn't really let that run you off did you?

The other red thing is a four legged tepee, the best I could tell.
Since this person or persons were as far back as they could get, i don't think they were 'the sociable type', we have some folks living in the woods around here that have dropped out of society & don't want anything to do with the Government or anyone else, so best to go your own way, & let them go theirs. :dontknow:

Fossis..............

RGINN said:
Nice day out and nice pics. Believe I would have backed out of that first one too, as many places in Little Dixie they don't respond real well to unexpected visitors that far back in the woods!

Thanks, that's very true, they don't want any company. :P

Fossis...........

4-H said:
Unfortunately, that flag means different things these days.

Great pictures :)

Thanks, you're right about that.

Fossis..............

Nice finds on your walk........... as usuall. You sure know how to keep us entertained with all of your findings. As far as the flag go, well I would have taken a different route. Maybe some Neo-Nazi types in the vicinity ::) I would leave them alone too

I like the rocks on the log, you know some galleries would go nuts over a sculpture like that :laughing7: as for the camp, well... sometimes the bears and cats aren't the most scariest creatures out there.

Interesting as always Fossis. I hope your putting that all in a book form Its all very interesting.
Thanks for the tour Fossis.
Van

Yeah, I know what the Confederate flag means to many of todays morons. I can see respect for it if you are conveying honor to those that served under it but to display the flag to represent yourself as a racist, you're a moron. My question was about the "teepee" thingy. I was wondering if it was some sort of flag or banner that would help identify the "campers".

crazyjarhead said:
Nice finds on your walk........... as usuall. You sure know how to keep us entertained with all of your findings. As far as the flag go, well I would have taken a different route. Maybe some Neo-Nazi types in the vicinity ::) I would leave them alone too

Thanks, 'I never trouble trouble, till trouble troubles me'. :laughing7:

Fossis.............

naturegirl said:
I like the rocks on the log, you know some galleries would go nuts over a sculpture like that :laughing7: as for the camp, well... sometimes the bears and cats aren't the most scariest creatures out there.

So True.

Fossis...............

VanGone said:
Interesting as always Fossis. I hope your putting that all in a book form Its all very interesting.
Thanks for the tour Fossis.
Van

You're welcome Van. :icon_sunny:

Fossis..............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back